Is there an easier way to delete exported files?

I just now realized that CS 2.1.4 keeps a copy of the exported files when we export orders each day. Right now the only way I see that I can delete these is one at a time, which is taking forever. Is there an easier way to delete them?

Also, why didn’t CS use the normal check box and “select all” to be able to delete the files here. This is really tedious this way.

I have attached a screen shot of the area.

ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 28 22.06.jpg

Jim,

You should be able to ftp into var/exim and delete whatever you want from there. That should be a lot faster.

Brandon

I’ll have to try it tomorrow after they export orders again. I’m really kind of surprised at this function. I had no idea that when we were exporting things we were creating a bunch of crude here. You would think there would be something automated to purge these or even an option from within CS to delete them. I guess at that point it would be kind of like the “logs”. Instead of being able to delete a date range, CS makes you delete all or none.

You could also setup a cron job to clear that directory every so often.

This command will clear all files older than 1 day from the exim directory

find /full/server/path/cscart/var/exim -type f -mtime +1 -exec rm -f {} \;
If you want it to only remove order related items from exim then you can do it like this.

find /full/server/path/cscart/var/exim -type f -name "order*" -mtime +1 -exec rm -f {} \;

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]You could also setup a cron job to clear that directory every so often.

This command will clear all files older than 1 day from the exim directory

find /full/server/path/cscart/var/exim -type f -mtime +1 -exec rm -f {} \;
If you want it to only remove order related items from exim then you can do it like this.

find /full/server/path/cscart/var/exim -type f -name "order*" -mtime +1 -exec rm -f {} \;[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I’m going to set up a cron job, do I use my cpanel and can I do it from my website admin?

thank you

Tom

@S-Combs

I do like the “cron” job idea. Where do we put this code at?

I still vote that CS should make it easier to zap stuff. They have so many things on the cart to make it easier for employees to help administer and that are automated. This is one thing that should be automated with the cart and we should not have to babysit.

Tom and Jim

This is easiest to do within cPanel’s Cron jobs but could instead be added to the system crons if on a VPS or dedicated server.

Just be sure the server path is correct because the rm command is dangerous

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]Tom and Jim

This is easiest to do within cPanel’s Cron jobs but could instead be added to the system crons if on a VPS or dedicated server.

Just be sure the server path is correct because the rm command is dangerous[/QUOTE]

Thank you, but what is the code to clear my cache folder too?