Is there a wild card for buy one get one free?

I have looked at the supplied guides, found old threads and so on for how to set up a buy one get one free promotion, however I noticed it seems to only work with the defined value, so if they buy one product they get say a bonus of another one of those products but the moment they say buy two of those products they dont get any bonus. I would like to know if there is a way to setup a wild card so that it doesnt matter how many they buy they get that many in a bonus? x for x

Thanks

[quote name=‘camicro’]I have looked at the supplied guides, found old threads and so on for how to set up a buy one get one free promotion, however I noticed it seems to only work with the defined value, so if they buy one product they get say a bonus of another one of those products but the moment they say buy two of those products they dont get any bonus. I would like to know if there is a way to setup a wild card so that it doesnt matter how many they buy they get that many in a bonus? x for x

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hello camicro,

There is no easy way to do it in standard CS-Cart. A lot of code modifications are required to get it. You can make them by yourself or find a third-party development for this work on this forum or contact our developers using our Customer Help Desk.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

so what your saying is I would have to make a rule for each quantity, so if they choose two they get two, then another one for if they choose three they get three and so on and so on?

Wow thats a bummer, seems pretty responsible to have programed a variable into the code from the start but alright.

Oh and I went down the pay you guys to do something route, spent a lot of money on it and then found out that you guys took what I paid for and put it into one of your later releases of CS-Cart for others to enjoy and yet I was the one that had to pay for all that to begin with so I dont think I will go that route again.

But thank you for your fast response.

[quote name=‘camicro’]so what your saying is I would have to make a rule for each quantity, so if they choose two they get two, then another one for if they choose three they get three and so on and so on?

Wow thats a bummer, seems pretty responsible to have programed a variable into the code from the start but alright.

Oh and I went down the pay you guys to do something route, spent a lot of money on it and then found out that you guys took what I paid for and put it into one of your later releases of CS-Cart for others to enjoy and yet I was the one that had to pay for all that to begin with so I dont think I will go that route again.

But thank you for your fast response.[/QUOTE]

Hello camicro,

Sorry for possible inconveniences.

The promotion functionality was updated fully since the version 2.0.X. Now this functionality is rather different. There are a lot of new abilities in it. But there are no some old abilities at the same time.

I advise you to use the “Buy together” add-on in this case.

You need to enable it on the “Addons” page of the administration panel and after that you can add products to the desired product in the “Buy together” tab on the product details page in the administration panel.

You can read more information in our Knowledge Base. [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

okay I followed the instructions according to the guide but nothing happens, when I add the item in question and I have set to combine with another of the same item and that combined item is 100% discounted in my check out it only shows a quantity of one? searching around the forum I found a lot of problem threads but nothing to current and nothing with any real answer.

Thanks

Hello camicro,

It seems to be a minor bug in standard CS-Cart. We have posted the problem description to our Bug Tracker. Our engineers will consider it at the first opportunity. You can subscribe to updates here: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=2563[/url] .

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team