is there a way too...

export a product, and then add it to a whole bunch of secondary categories and import it back in?

Is there a column to try and add that information at all?

What im trying to do is take one product and id like it to come up in multiple categories.

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]export a product, and then add it to a whole bunch of secondary categories and import it back in?

Is there a column to try and add that information at all?

What im trying to do is take one product and id like it to come up in multiple categories.[/quote]

You don’t need to export/import the product through CSV. Just go to your product, open the tab ‘Second categories’ and click on the link ‘Add Categories’ above the ‘Save’ button.

Yes it is possible to list your items in multiple secondary categories when importing your products, I would recommend reading the following page (towards the bottom) for proper formatting.

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name=‘indy0077’]You don’t need to export/import the product through CSV. Just go to your product, open the tab ‘Second categories’ and click on the link ‘Add Categories’ above the ‘Save’ button.[/QUOTE]

well i know how to do that, my problem is i have 30,000 products i have to do it to.

for instant. I have an oil filter that will fit multiple bikes okay

on my host site it of coarse has all my data.

I have separate files for all the different types of bikes. and in those files the oil filter is in that motorcycle file. when i import those files shouldnt that website be able to do that automatically. Like read the product code and tell itself “hey this item belongs in multiple categories”?

You should be able to do this in a spreadsheet using concatenate and find/replace.

If you have all the names of all the filters etc. PAste all info in the different cells then just concatenate with Category1///oil filter1; Category2;oil filter 2 etc etc

check out concatenate in excel

JOhn

but now will cs cart read this?

so what your saying is

i have 2 categories and they are

California jackal 1100///engine///filter

&

California EV 1100///engine///filter

and the product code is 14153000

your saying that with the concatenate thing i can basically link that product code to both of those categories and when i import the data back into the site than that filter should display in both categories correct?

That’s right. Do u have a sample line of data to show us

ya ill get that up