Is there a way to have one product with multiple product codes?

Me and my boss were thinking the other day if there was a way to have 1 product with multiple product codes? why do we ask?

Well for t-shirts of coarse! it kinda sucks having multiple t shirts up on the site with the exact same picture just taking up space.

Id like to find out if there is a way to just have one t shirt product, and then if they want it they can have a drop down menu and select the size and purchase it?

Is this possible, if so how?

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1312296114' post='118695']

Me and my boss were thinking the other day if there was a way to have 1 product with multiple product codes? why do we ask?

Well for t-shirts of coarse! it kinda sucks having multiple t shirts up on the site with the exact same picture just taking up space.

Id like to find out if there is a way to just have one t shirt product, and then if they want it they can have a drop down menu and select the size and purchase it?

Is this possible, if so how?

[/quote]

Yes it is, create a global option (one of the sub menu items under products)now when creating or editing a product you can add the newly created global option under the options tab on the product creation page.

[quote name='hbtrading' timestamp='1312297674' post='118696']

Yes it is, create a global option (one of the sub menu items under products)now when creating or editing a product you can add the newly created global option under the options tab on the product creation page.

[/quote]

ok this is fantastic that i can do this but i need a little extra help on how to set this up =/ not sure on how to add the sizes for them to select…

Edit: I figured it out! Thanks for sharing that tip with me!

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1312299486' post='118697']

ok this is fantastic that i can do this but i need a little extra help on how to set this up =/ not sure on how to add the sizes for them to select…

Edit: I figured it out! Thanks for sharing that tip with me!

[/quote]

no problem

[quote]

Me and my boss were thinking the other day

[/quote]

That's a good warning sign… Beware of bosses who try to think… Especially is they want you to do it “with” them!

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1312339888' post='118738']

That's a good warning sign… Beware of bosses who try to think… Especially is they want you to do it “with” them!

[/quote]

ha ill keep that in mind