Is There A Limit Number Of Cart Promotions?

Hi, I tried to add some cart promotions and I've noticed that first few worked and the rest didn't even though are almost identical (just difference in numbers). I tried this many times, also importing in bulk through phpmyadmin. Is there any limit on number of cart promotions?

Hi, I tried to add some cart promotions and I've noticed that first few worked and the rest didn't even though are almost identical (just difference in numbers). I tried this many times, also importing in bulk through phpmyadmin. Is there any limit on number of cart promotions?

Hello, No there is no limit. Promotion always applied according to conditions and priority which you set.

Please make sure you have set these options properly

1) Priority

2) Stop other rules

3) Conditions

4) Available period

In your case may be you set "Stop other rules" in some promotions so only that particular promotion get applied rest of the promotion not applied.

Priority also matter.

Thanks

I've tested all of this settings and no luck - one promotion works, few other doesn't. For example:

1. order bigger or equal 4000 and less than 5000

2. order bigger or equal 2000 and less than 3000

When the total amount in cart is between 4000 and 5000 the first promotion works, when the total amount in cart is between 2000 and 3000, the second promotion doesn't work.

Couple of things to check.

1) Make sure the "stop other promotions" box is not checked (obvious).

2) If you're really importing promotions directly into the DB, make sure you have the cscart_ult_objects_sharing table updated too or your promotions will not work. They are shared objects and need to be referenced in this table for each company that will be using them.

3) Look at the cart in checkout (add code to do a die("

print_r($_SESSION['cart'],true)); near the end of your checkout process so you can see what promotions are in the cart BEFORE the order is actually placed.  You should be able to do this appropriately at the beginning of step 4.  Or you can do this inside the template itself and then view source by using

Couple of things to check.

1) Make sure the "stop other promotions" box is not checked (obvious).

2) If you're really importing promotions directly into the DB, make sure you have the cscart_ult_objects_sharing table updated too or your promotions will not work. They are shared objects and need to be referenced in this table for each company that will be using them.

3) Look at the cart in checkout (add code to do a die("

print_r($_SESSION['cart'],true)); near the end of your checkout process so you can see what promotions are in the cart BEFORE the order is actually placed.  You should be able to do this appropriately at the beginning of step 4.  Or you can do this inside the template itself and then view source by using

Thank you! It works great after updating the cscart_ult_objects_sharing table.