Is the CS-Cart 2.0 Beta Download Corrupt?

The reason I ask is that I have tried to download and unzip this several times but always get the same error: the archive is corrupt!

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Graham.

If you are using IE then try a different browser i.e. FF

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]If you are using IE then try a different browser i.e. FF[/QUOTE]

Thanks but that didn’t make any difference. I’m using WinRAR, could that be the problem?

Regards,

Graham.

I am not sure what to tell you because I just tried opening it with WinRAR and it opened fine.

Is there anything odd about the file like the name or size? This is what I am showing:

cscart_v2[1].0-beta2

WinRAR archive

13,144 KB

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I am not sure what to tell you because I just tried opening it with WinRAR and it opened fine.

Is there anything odd about the file like the name or size? This is what I am showing:

cscart_v2[1].0-beta2

WinRAR archive

13,144 KB[/QUOTE]

This is what I have:

cscart_v2.0-beta2.tgz

WinRAR archive

13,144 KB

This unpacks to give:

cscart_v2.0-beta2.tar

WinRAR archive

43,650 KB

When I unpack this archive there appear to be a number of duplicate files as I receive a message asking whether-or-not to overwrite them. This is the archive the shows as being corrupt.

Regards,

Graham.

The archive is okay, but if you extract the archive to a Windows environment, you will get errors, because some files have the same name, but with a different use of letters (some are capitals and some are small).* For Windows these are all the same and will overwrite them or display an error message. For Unix/Linux these files are different! So extract the archive on your server and everything is nice.

You could do it this way: Upload the downloaded archive like it is, and make a phpfile with the following content:

```php system("tar -xvzf cscart_v2.0-beta2.tgz");
?> ```Name it for example “unzip.php” and load it up to the same directory you already loaded up the archive. Go to your browser and execute the phpfile:

[URL]http://www.name-of-your-domain-and-where-your-archive-should-be.com/unzip.php[/URL]

Voilá!

BTW you have to go to the directory [URL]http://www.name-of-your-domain.com/install[/URL] and refresh your browser to install the beta.

*These 10 files all reside in addons\webmail\lib\webmail\web\classic\ and are all javascripts. For example:

base.CNewAccountForm.js

base.cnewaccountform.js

base.CPageSwitcher.js

base.cpageswitcher.js

base.Inbox.js

base.inbox.js

and so on.

Some of the files in the new archive of beta3 are still named in a Unix/Linux way. So if you extract them in a Windows environment, you will have to overwrite or skip the 5 of the 10 javascripts with different use of letters (capitals and small letters). I hope CS-Cart will change this in future.

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]The archive is okay, but if you extract the archive to a Windows environment, you will get errors, because some files have the same name, but with a different use of letters (some are capitals and some are small).* For Windows these are all the same and will overwrite them or display an error message. For Unix/Linux these files are different!

*These 10 files all reside in addons\webmail\lib\webmail\web\classic\ and are all javascripts. For example:

base.CNewAccountForm.js

base.cnewaccountform.js

base.CPageSwitcher.js

base.cpageswitcher.js

base.Inbox.js

base.inbox.js

and so on.[/quote]