Is fixing bugs chargable

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Bob,

You are most certainly technically correct.

Yet the bug issue most be looked at in context:

In this case no one (not even CS cart) denies that many major coding errors have happened and that CS Cart is buggy, not stable and only suitable for upgrades by those who are very technically skilled.

So CS cart has an obligation to quickly fix all their mistakes. Now since we know that they have made many mistakes although we do not know how many…

I would say that they should give the benefit of the doubt to customers and fix everything that may be their fault until they get their act together.

Doing so would be correct in more than half the cases and if they fix a few situations where they were not at fault they would gain back some good will which is rapidly vanishing.

This is basic business not rocket science.

Certainly they should investigate all bug reports as a bare minimum and if they want to charge when they are not at fault that is ok.

Finally, without a doubt they need to work way faster and not take weekends off and work overtime until they have a stable 2.+ version.

Again these are basic business concepts nothing advanced or complicated.

I wish CS cart well and as a gift many of us are giving them free advice and almost all of us are free beta guinea pigs, which if they were smart they would listen to.

Sadly they are not listening, either they do not agree with our views or simply do not care I do not know which…[/quote]

Hi, I agree with you! Something is not right what they are doing. I saw a post here, and the person said “maybe it’s a cultural problem…” etc. And I think it is one. I know companies from East Europe and West Europa and want to say, make a business with is very different. If it’s necessary we work at weekends or 15 hours a day. Or an other funy thing: most of east european people want to be rich in “10 seconds” and often use business strategy like “that’s my price, do you want it or not…” and want to charge the same prices as western companies, but they expenses are e.g. 3 times less as expenses of a company in German, UK or Ireland (Ireland is really bad, €2,000 is there nothing).