Inventory Tracking Control

Inventory Tracking Control

1. If I disable Inventory tracking for my store - will it still show inventory levels accurately in the admin zone?

Example 3 in stock after an order of 1 in my admin zone on the product page I will now see 2.

2. Do you use Inventory tracking in the store - so customers can see the amount in stock?

I currently do as our products are custom ordered and are available in limited amounts about half the time.

Disabling inventory tracking will prevent inventory from being decremented.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Disabling inventory tracking will prevent inventory from being decremented.[/QUOTE]

So if I wnat inventory tracking in the back end I need to show it to customers also?

Is there a setting that will allow inventory control in the back end but not in the store?

So customers cannot see it but I can.

I prefer to have the information hidden from the public but if need be they can see it as I have to see it.

There should be a checkbox of “Display In stock as a field”. I believe that if unchecked, it will not display quantities to the customer (or) it could be that it replaces the quantities with “In Stock”.

Try it and let us know the results.

Oh, and that’s in Design/Appearance Settings.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Oh, and that’s in Design/Appearance Settings.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestion - but I could not find anything other than the actual allow inventory tracking box.

I went ahead and made a feature request in the bug tracker area.

Traveler,

There is no setting to not show the quantity to customers and keep tracking inventory. You need to make changes to the code. There are a few posts here that talk about how to do it.

Try this: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11693&highlight=available%2Funavailable[/url]

Hope that helps.

Adam

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]Traveler,

There is no setting to not show the quantity to customers and keep tracking inventory. You need to make changes to the code. There are a few posts here that talk about how to do it.

Try this: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11693&highlight=available%2Funavailable[/url]

Hope that helps.

Adam[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much.

I am going to upgrade soon to 2.11 (wish me luck) so i will wait before I go further.

I really like CS cart and I wish them well but it would be so nice if they made the cart more user friendly!