Inventory program.. (CS-Cart....ver 2.08)

I am new to CS-cart.

I know how to up/download product and image files. The store I am working for has NO electronic record of their inventory. They write it on paper (so far), and I input it into Excel, and upload. They have Quick Books Pro, but sits on the shelf getting dusty.

Would you recommend that 1) they set up their inventory in Quick Books (and I can then possibly export as csv to Excel) or 2) Input it all into Excel, and possibly export to Quick Books Pro.? From experience, I would appreciate it if someone could head me into a direction. What would you do? Any advice appreciated!

Well, no responses, so let me ask this.

How do most people input data to CS-cart? Excel? Some other way? And if Excel, do you enter every field of every product manually? I am just getting started and am trying to learn from experienced folks. I apprecaite any help.

[QUOTE]The store I am working for has NO electronic record of their inventory. They write it on paper[/QUOTE]

Wow, who does that anymore…LOL :wink:

Anyways, give us an idea of how many online orders you expect to process per day, and I will have some suggestions for you to explore.

Ah… a response!

Well they have about 1500 products to input. I can’t imagine more that 50 on line sales a day (initially anyway)… My big question is, how to I get this info into the site? product info, images, descriptions, etc. Where do I begin?

Ok, if your biggest concern is getting your products into CS-Cart, then import from Excel or .csv is the way to go considering you have 1,500 products to add.

You will find detailed instructions for importing products within the CS-Cart online manual and/or here: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Wow, that is a lot of manual work!

Oh well, if I have to, then I have to. Question. I will want the customer to be able to keep track their inventory, add products, etc. Will they be able to do all that using CS-cart? So… in other words, they don’t need anything linke"Quick Books" to keep track of their inventory? I appreciate your help here.

[QUOTE]Wow, that is a lot of manual work![/QUOTE]

No question, it IS alot of work entering 1,500 products to any online store, only difference is that it is FAR more work entering 1,500 products manually! :wink:

[QUOTE]Question. I will want the customer to be able to keep track their inventory, add products, etc. Will they be able to do all that using CS-cart?[/QUOTE]

Sure, they can manage their inventory entirely online thru CS-Cart if they choose to do so.

Well, thank you very much.

I thought there was an easier way to do this than manual entry. Guess not. Either way, I am actually heading in a direction now. Hoo-hoo! Thanks again. :smiley:

Stan