Introducing Cs-Cart 4.6.1 With Product Variations

What I had hoped to see in V 4.6.1 and still hope for a is the option to remove products from categories instead of just having to amend each product and remove the category applied to each and every product. The current process is very very time consuming.

I agree , always thought a "Remove selected" function would be handy, as it would improve the work-flow in some situations, but then where do you stop, ..Then you need the "Add product " function, ... just my thoughts.

What I had hoped to see in V 4.6.1 and still hope for a is the option to remove products from categories instead of just having to amend each product and remove the category applied to each and every product. The current process is very very time consuming.

I agree , always thought a "Remove selected" function would be handy, as it would improve the work-flow in some situations, but then where do you stop, ..Then you need the "Add product " function, ... just my thoughts.

Why don't you use mass edit of products?

https://www.evernote.com/l/AQGd4kKFQXhE74UvG8w5sj18XkWjXfeBbqY

Dear imac

I prefer not to go that route. It is far too tedious , painstakingly slow process especially if you need to remove multiple products from one category to another. Running a SQL query might even be faster but.

On of the few things my old webstore which ran Adobe's CFML (coldfusion markup language) code was much better at was the mass editing of products, mass removal of products from one category and move them to another without risking the deletion of the product that is in "connected" to that category as it is in CS Cart.

Try to delete a category without deleting the entire product that hangs to that specific category.

Please do not feel offended but CS Cart (Simtech) can learn from my old store - CFW in those terms.

If that could be implemented as such than CS Cart would blow the Magento's out of the water I believe.

There has to be a an easier more convenient way to remove products from categories and mass apply and or remove tags to products by for instance add products to certain tags and add or remove products to categories instead of only the other way around where you have to mass edit each product and add them to category or have a category removed from those selected products.

If that could be implemented as such than CS Cart would blow the Magento's out of the water I believe.

No, it won't.

The point is that we have detailed editing, mass editing and export/import of products. It's should be more that enough for everyday product management.

What you have described is custom usecase. I don not remember many cases when store owners should time after time move products from one category to another.

I would appreciate if you explain what is your use case - why do you need to change product categoires so often?

No, it won't.

The point is that we have detailed editing, mass editing and export/import of products. It's should be more that enough for everyday product management.

What you have described is custom usecase. I don not remember many cases when store owners should time after time move products from one category to another.

I would appreciate if you explain what is your use case - why do you need to change product categoires so often?

on cs-cart demo site I have mass edited 100 products with all checkboxes on, this has crashed my browser.. So I believe it is far from perfect and totally not suitable solution for mass editing above 100 products. Applying feature to multiple products (when you got many features) is really hard task..

PS off topic

please update roadmap, I wish to know what exiting future holds for cs-cart users..

This is not a technically difficult problem to do as a manually run utility.

I'm assuming you want to specify a category and remove all products from that category (based on context of the company or all_stores mode)?

Essentially a app/addons/my_changes/controllers/backend/my_changes.php would contain:

use Tygh\Registry;

switch($mode) {
case ‘rm_cat’:
$category_id = $action ? $action : $_REQUEST[‘category_id’];
if( !is_numeric($category_id) )
$category_id = db_get_field(“SELECT category_id FROM ?:category_descritpions WHERE category=%s AND lang_code=?s”, $category_id, DESCR_SL);

$cnt = (integer)db_query("DELETE FROM ?:products_categories AS c INNER JOIN ?:products AS p ON p.product_id=c.product_id AND p.company_id=%d

WHERE category_id=%d", Registry::get(‘runtime.forced_company_id’) ? Registry::get(‘runtime.forced_company_id’) : Registry::get(‘runtime.company_id’)
$category_id );
fn_set_notification(‘N’, __(“notice”), “Dropped ‘$cnt’ products from category_id=$category_id”, ‘K’);
fn_redirect(fn_url(“”));
}

Usage: ?dispatch=my_changes.rm_cat.[category name or id]
Note: NOT TESTED

This is not a technically difficult problem to do as a manually run utility.

I'm assuming you want to specify a category and remove all products from that category (based on context of the company or all_stores mode)?

Essentially a app/addons/my_changes/controllers/backend/my_changes.php would contain:

use Tygh\Registry;

switch($mode) {
case ‘rm_cat’:
$category_id = $action ? $action : $_REQUEST[‘category_id’];
if( !is_numeric($category_id) )
$category_id = db_get_field(“SELECT category_id FROM ?:category_descritpions WHERE category=%s AND lang_code=?s”, $category_id, DESCR_SL);

$cnt = (integer)db_query("DELETE FROM ?:products_categories AS c INNER JOIN ?:products AS p ON p.product_id=c.product_id AND p.company_id=%d

WHERE category_id=%d", Registry::get(‘runtime.forced_company_id’) ? Registry::get(‘runtime.forced_company_id’) : Registry::get(‘runtime.company_id’)
$category_id );
fn_set_notification(‘N’, __(“notice”), “Dropped ‘$cnt’ products from category_id=$category_id”, ‘K’);
fn_redirect(fn_url(“”));
}

Usage: ?dispatch=my_changes.rm_cat.[category name or id]
Note: NOT TESTED

Basically I want to be able to amend a category and remove all or specific products from that particular category without risking the deletion of those products.

Let say you have selected a category and then i want an overview of all the products attached to this particular category and then select via checkboxes which products should be removed from this category. As simple (or not so simple perhaps...) as that. All within a page / interface within the store adminpages.

For me this would be a "nice to have" . Basically it would provide the ability to add/remove product(s) from a category as well as the current method of "deleting" or adding a (secondary) category to a product. It would just save a little time managing the stores.

Basically I want to be able to amend a category and remove all or specific products from that particular category without risking the deletion of those products.

Let say you have selected a category and then i want an overview of all the products attached to this particular category and then select via checkboxes which products should be removed from this category. As simple (or not so simple perhaps...) as that. All within a page / interface within the store adminpages.

A standard practice I recommend to my clients is to put all products into a 'products' category which is hidden along with the regular categories you want products to be in. This way, unless they are removed from the 'products' category, those products won't be removed.

Helps prevent mistakes, but if you remove from all categories including the 'products' category, then the product will get zapped. I believe cs-cart has implemented a trash-can so you can recover deleted objects like products, but I've never used it.

If I add 10 variations initially, and then come back later and add an 11th, the previous 10 will be deleted.

Has this issue been addressed, I dont see any mention?

Sure, thats a standard method from the products list view, but it requires a number of steps, especially if many products need removing from a particular category. And correct me if Im wrong, but the "Apply values to all the selected products" function will overwrite category assignments so that cant be used to remove a particular category from multiple products.

What we are talking about here is the ability to quickly remove the selected products association from the Category view (product list view) .

Its the ability to "remove a product(s) from a category", rather than "remove a category from a product" as is the current method.

I said, for me, just a nice-to-have...

Sure, thats a standard method from the products list view, but it requires a number of steps, especially if many products need removing from a particular category. And correct me if Im wrong, but the "Apply values to all the selected products" function will overwrite category assignments so that cant be used to remove a particular category from multiple products.

What we are talking about here is the ability to quickly remove the selected products association from the Category view (product list view) .

Its the ability to "remove a product(s) from a category", rather than "remove a category from a product" as is the current method.

I said, for me, just a nice-to-have...

I sure second that remark.

By the way this should apply to features as well.

What I also would consider a real "a Ha erlebnis" if you were able to select just one particular feature, edit that feature and or apply that feature to a host of products that you want it to apply to or products you wish to remove from having this feature. In our case it could be as simple as an expiration date for a vitamin or protein powder.

The current state of affairs is that you cannot pick one particular feature and edit it.

Hi

Am I missing something, I installed 6.1 and then 6.2 and the product Variations add-on is not available to be installed in the browse all add-on's list?

Alan

Hi

Am I missing something, I installed 6.1 and then 6.2 and the product Variations add-on is not available to be installed in the browse all add-on's list?

Alan

Please contact support team and inform them about this issue with the upgrade

I Installed the Variations add-on and it removed all but 29 products from my store. Luckily I had done a backup just before enabling the add-on as I have learned the hard way in the past.

Am I the only one that has had this issue?

Thanks for your time,

matt

demo.cs-cart.com/stores/apparel/mens-clothing/t-shirt/

SKU TSHIRT1 is not found within admin backend using quick search.. Its a variation product of TSHIRT however how would you know if SKU were not so obviouse? Also why to add SKU & Pictures to TSHIRT if its not going to be displayed anywhere?

No, it won't.

Related: please see topic here: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/49097-introducing-cs-cart-461-with-product-variations/page-4which explains the trouble we have a lot with adding categories.

Maybe it's me, but I can't seem to find where I can download the Product Variations add-on seperately?