Interspire or CS Cart

I realize this is kind of an old thread but in case anyone else is considering CS-Cart vs. Interspire - take it from someone who has used Interspire Shopping Cart for a little over 2 yrs. Stay away from ISC.

Forget the fact that ISC is a lot more expensive - price was not the most important thing to me. They have basically abandoned the product and keep coming up with “upgrades” that are just bells and whistles and don’t fix problems.

Like, you want to give everyone a $10 coupon? Better not do that or your customers will get their entire carts for free because it deducts $10 for EACH ITEM, not the total cart. And yes this has always been a problem and no they don’t fix it.

If you do pay for support, submitting a ticket is extremely painful and after all that they don’t answer your question.

When I first bought ISC, support was pretty fast & helpful, their ticket process was simple, their staff participated on the forums, and I accepted a couple of shortcomings because each version offered substantive improvements. Shortly afterwards, they came out with BigCommerce and all resources went to that, after I was out $1400 for the software.

The best part about ISC is the user interface but this version of CS-Cart is just as nice.

This CS-Cart will be my 6th production cart for my online store, 7th if you count the JShop server I recently got about half way through and gave up on. Plus, I have launched wordpress shopping carts for clients.

Every cart has weaknesses. You usually have to change your business processes somewhat to accommodate the cart unless you want to do a lot of custom work which makes it hard to upgrade. If you ship very large, heavy and irregularly shaped things I don’t know if there is any off-the-shelf cart that will work.

I am about 80% done with this implementation, and I have had more problems with my host and e-mails than I have had with the cart itself. The payment methods and SSL worked right out of the box. That’s never happened for me before.

Now, I hope I don’t jinx CS-Cart because usually seems after I launch with a new cart, support and development goes to Hell in a handbasket. So if that happens I apologize in advance.

Great story and good to hear.

Welcome to the forum!

[QUOTE]Now, I hope I don’t jinx CS-Cart because usually seems after I launch with a new cart, support and development goes to Hell in a handbasket. So if that happens I apologize in advance.[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry Lauraluc, CS-Cart is a top notch, well managed organization and has been making continual improvements over the two years or more of which I have been involved! :wink:

Thanks for the welcome & encouragement. This forum has been so helpful, and I hope I can give back soon.

Some women pick bad and abusive men, I pick bad and abusive shopping carts. I hope my prince has come.

[QUOTE]Some women pick bad and abusive men,[/QUOTE]

Lol, an ex-girlfriend of mine used to affectionately call those types of woman, “A Need a Man” :shock:

Hello Lauraluc,

[quote name=‘lauraluc’]I hope my prince has come.[/QUOTE]

Life always seems better elsewhere.

Those who love us are sometimes right next to us, and we are looking elsewhere…

We must all learn to stabilize ourself, and our dreams will come true, isn’t it Noman. :wink:

Welcome to CS-Cart,

Lee Li Pop

[QUOTE]Those who love us are sometimes right next to us, and we are looking elsewhere…

We must all learn to stabilize ourself, and our dreams will come true, isn’t it Noman. :wink: [/QUOTE]

Lee Li, for the love of God, would you be so kind as to elaborate on your comments!

I normally consider myself a rather smart individual, however, this one waived bye bye as it flew right past me! :smiley:

cs-cart is the best solution and the best priced solution, as far as I know.

If there's something better, bring it on, but so far, nothing has been as flexible and easy to use than cs-cart.

even the Content Management System with the multilingual support is super!!!

@Paul

You can import the catalog of your interspire store to CS-Cart through CSV import functionality for example. But on my opinion the best way to migrate your store is to hire the development team (for example us). In this case it will be migrated professionally and you will receive the guarantee on it.

Thanks

Last time I mentioned “that other company” being talked about in this thread, it was deleted, and I was sent a message telling me not mention a competitor, but this thread has been up 5 years with its name in it?!?! =(