Interspire or CS Cart

Hello Snorocket,

[quote name=‘snorocket’]addons are easy to code compared to other carts[/quote]

When do you give us an easy step by step manual, to make addons?

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello Snorocket,

When do you give us an easy step by step manual, to make addons?

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

I’m probably not going to have time to put something like this together, until things improve in this economy everyone is pretty much on their own…

Hello,

[quote name=‘Unregistered’]Want to move my site from osc to either interspire or cs-cart. After reading features from both, some questions:

What CS has and Interspire doesn’t ---- multi-language, Gift Card and RMA(easy for me to give buyer’s credit).

It seems CS doesn’t have:

— Shipping Estimate ---- buyers know shipping fee before register/log in.

— Guest Log in (no registration needed)

am I right?

And right now I use Paymentech(canada) for credit card…is it easy for me to configure it in CS?

Thank you,[/QUOTE]

Play with CS-Cart demo:

[url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

You will discover CS-Cart have “Estimate shipping cost”:

Put something in your cart, click on “View cart”, click on “Estimate shipping cost” link:

[url]http://demo.cs-cart.com/index.php?dispatch=checkout.cart[/url]

Of course yes, CS-Cart have a “Checkout as guest”.

Put something in your cart, and click on “Checkout”. Click on “Checkout as guest” button.

[url]http://demo.cs-cart.com/index.php?dispatch=checkout.cart[/url]

I don’t know if Paymentech if ready to go with CS-Cart. However, you can check this page:

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/payment-systems.html[/url]

You can read this page too:

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/payment-gateways.html[/url]

You can easily integrate CS-Cart with some additional payment provider as Paymentech:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Lee Li Pop

Hello,

[quote name=‘Unregistered’]

registry:cache_exception

I deleted cache and it did not work. There must be something wrong with my pc?[/QUOTE]

No, your PC is OK. It seems to me, some troubles with webhosting company…

It seems CS has nearly everything Interspire has…The new "buy one get one free"promotion functions from Interspire ----I’m not sure if CS has.

[/QUOTE]

Of course yes! CS-Cart is very powerful with promotions.

Take a look in 4MB PDF CS-Cart User Manual:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Go to page #113. Here is the beginning of this chapter :

[QUOTE][SIZE=“4”]5.3.6 Promotions[/SIZE]

Promotions is one more promotion tool which allows to offer various privileges for your customers. On the page you define certain conditions and if customers meet them they get special reward which is also defined by you.

Promotions can be of two types: Cart promotions and Catalog promotions. Cart promotions are different product discounts, while Catalog promotions allow to define not only discounts on products and orders, but also grant memberships, coupons, free shipping and free products.[/QUOTE]

I’ll go ahead to buy CS, but moving a site made in OSC to CS…hopefully customer service may give some help?[/QUOTE]

Customer service can help you. Maybe the help forum too :wink:

Lee Li Pop

I have a few stores on Interspire. In fact I have a few stores on all types of platforms. I keep switching because each one has a weakness somewhere. I think that for $300 its a pretty good platform. I would like to try CS Cart on my next store though.

With that said, the biggest weaknesses of Interspire are:

Product variations: If you have products with many colors, sizes, accessories, etc… do not go with interspire. Their engine is very inefficient and cannot do many product variations.

Bugs and Upgrades: Every month they release an update, if you customized your templates it will take you hours and hours to complete an update. I frankly just never updated anymore. I rather spend those hours working on SEO, marketing, etc…

Coupons: The coupon codes don’t work. Don’t even count it as a feature. If you give someone a $10 off coupon and they order 10 products, they will get $100 off.

I have tried:

CS-Cart (php - since 1.3.5 to 2.x)

Magento (php)

Interspire (php)

ProductCart (ASP)

X-Cart (php)

Gold Cart (php)

Oscommerce (php)

Virtuemart (php w/joomla)

Uebercart (php w/ drupal)

My top 3 from this list are:

1.) CS-CART

2.) PRODUCTCART

3.) MAGENTO

currently I run 4 successful e-commerce site with CS-CART. I have migrated from productcart and magento to cs-cart.

CS-CART is the best in my opinion because they offer the best customer support. They have always resolved issues for me. The search engine optimization of CS-CART is great imo.

Product cart is also cool, but hell, it needs a windows server and if you like to have security issues, go for it, but if you’re not in the mode for windows problems, use cs-cart.

Magento = Over-rated, full of stuff that doesnt work properly. the backend is so freaking complex, you need 2 years experience to understand it. I like to do stuff myself, and cant stand that support needs to be contacted for any little modification.

Early 2007 I started working with CS-cart…

since then our shops have on average turned over more than 150,000 euro per year without credit card payments.

ISC fixed a lot concerning these variations, it’s a good cart. It lacks some very important features though, even the most expensive version does not even offer multilanguage.

CS gives you so much more for a much better price… the $285 professional edition offers more features then the $1800 ultimate Interspire edition.

Just try it for a month! That’s really the only way. I tried about 10 carts before deciding on CS-cart and am a happy user now starting my second shop within a year, first one is doing about 10 - 15 sales a day without any issues.

[quote name=‘Flow’]I tried about 10 carts before deciding on CS-cart and am a happy user now starting my second shop within a year, first one is doing about 10 - 15 sales a day without any issues.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I have to ask… I do you find time to manage a second store?! :confused:

I wish…

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]Sorry, but I have to ask… I do you find time to manage a second store?! :confused:

I wish…[/QUOTE]

Sleep is not an option! :smiley:

:smiley: Good question, better answer :wink:

After spending 5 full days, testing multiple demos, reading at-least 30 unbiased reviews, i opted for cs-cart, 3 months ago and i still feel it took a right decision.

And the upcoming release of CS looks soooooo sweet!!!

Janrain integration, new Jquery, new admin, etc. etc. etc. :smiley:

Hello Awebus,

[quote name=‘Awebus’]After spending 5 full days, testing multiple demos[/QUOTE]

Could you give us the list of your demos tested?

And, if possible, your comment for every shopping cart tested?

Thanks!

Lee Li Pop

Lee Li Pop, that is an excellent idea.

I have read many times “after so much testing I’ve concluded this cart is for me” but it’ll be very enlightening and helpful to know which carts you tested and what you found about them.

For example, let me make a direct question here: have you tested a cart that was light and bugfree, good for seo eventhough it was not as complete as cs-cart? I ask because I need a lighter cart, with less features, not as rich as cscart , that allows me to sell a short catalog and rather make an exposition of the items, not so much a sale.

Note: would opencart be a good candidate being lighter with less features but similar to cscart? has anyone tested it yet?

[quote name=‘mirnitagl’]For example, let me make a direct question here: have you tested a cart that was light and bugfree, good for seo eventhough it was not as complete as cs-cart? I ask because I need a lighter cart, with less features, not as rich as cscart , that allows me to sell a short catalog and rather make an exposition of the items, not so much a sale.[/quote]

Why not to try CS-Cart Community? It has less features than CS-Cart Pro and it’s got a great feature - it is free!

Mirni,

[QUOTE]have you tested a cart that was light and bugfree[/QUOTE]

You will absolutely never find a shopping cart system that is “bug free”, the only questions are how many bugs you are dealing with and how long it takes before they are fixed after their discovery? :wink:

And I agree, you would be far better off putting your efforts into the free community version of CS-Cart for this 2nd site. You are already familiar with using CS-Cart, so Just consider the learning curve alone of setting up and maintaining an entirely different cart system, and after all of that effort you would just end up with some piece of garbage… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘admin’]Why not to try CS-Cart Community? It has less features than CS-Cart Pro and it’s got a great feature - it is free![/QUOTE]

:shock: How come I never thought of that??? I guess it was too simple a solution. :rolleyes:

Thank you, admin and struck, for pointing the obvious.

[QUOTE]How come I never thought of that???[/QUOTE]

You would have Mirni as soon as the effects of that Spanish wine wore off! :wink:

Oh, My! Are you calling me a drunkard? :confused:

Do not be confused , that’s cherry , my lips are just stained with cherries :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE]Oh, My! Are you calling me a drunkard? :confused: [/QUOTE]

Not at all Precious!

Just saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with some Spanish wine sipping over the weekend (and cherries are fine as well)! :cool: