Installing V2.1.3

Hi All

New to CS-Cart (am a cuber from waaaayyyy back) and wanting to trial CS-Cast on an alternate platform.

Went through last night and uploaded (I think) all the files for V2.1.3 and went to do the install only to find the following errors. I really don’t know what I have done - so any help is welcome:

url www.boudoirbazaar.com

Errors read as follows:

PHP Error Message

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/a8941579/public_html/install/core/install.php on line 27

PHP Error Message

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/a8941579/public_html/core/db/mysql.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘/home/a8941579/public_html/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a8941579/public_html/install/core/install.php on line 66

PHP Error Message

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/a8941579/public_html/core/fn.database.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘/home/a8941579/public_html/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a8941579/public_html/install/core/install.php on line 67

PHP Error Message

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/a8941579/public_html/core/fn.fs.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘/home/a8941579/public_html/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a8941579/public_html/install/core/install.php on line 68

PHP Error Message

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/a8941579/public_html/core/fn.common.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘/home/a8941579/public_html/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a8941579/public_html/install/core/install.php on line 69

PHP Error Message

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/a8941579/public_html/core/class.registry.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘/home/a8941579/public_html/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a8941579/public_html/install/core/install.php on line 70

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fn_get_dir_contents() in /home/a8941579/public_html/install/core/install.php on line 779

Please bear in mind I am running this on a free server while I play with it and get to understand how it works, so yes, I am not wanting to pay a lot at this stage - hence I have attempted the upload myself…any thoughts?

Regards

Nicola

You need a different hosting provider. If they’ve disabled set_time_limit() then nothing is going to work right. All the other errors are probably a result of a prior page timing out. I don’t see any “maximum execution time xx exceeded” errors in your list, but the missing include files should definitely be there.

But I’d be very concerned about hosting where they disable functionality needed by applications.

Hi Tbirnseth

So I moved to another host and got as far as getting the database set up…all good…err no. Actually now that I am doing that, I am getting the following error messages:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user ‘admin’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) in /home/boudoirb/public_html/core/db/mysqli.php on line 44

Warning: mysqli_query() [function.mysqli-query]: Couldn’t fetch cmysqli in /home/boudoirb/public_html/core/db/mysqli.php on line 71

Warning: mysqli_errno() [function.mysqli-errno]: Couldn’t fetch cmysqli in /home/boudoirb/public_html/core/db/mysqli.php on line 140

Warning: mysqli_errno() [function.mysqli-errno]: Couldn’t fetch cmysqli in /home/boudoirb/public_html/core/db/mysqli.php on line 140

Warning: mysqli_error() [function.mysqli-error]: Couldn’t fetch cmysqli in /home/boudoirb/public_html/core/db/mysqli.php on line 149

Error Can’t create database. Please check user permissions or create it manually.

Here is what I have tried:

Deleting and renaming, re installing and using the Database Wizard - no change

Changing the permissions to 755 (where it said to use 777) just in case.

I changed all the Images, Skins and Var to these.

The config.local.php and the config.php I have changed to 666

nothing.

I have tried deleting the database and letting the program create it (not that I actually expected that to work) nothing.

Suggestions???

Oh and it is 2.1.2 not 2.1.3 as I thought…

Looking forward to working out what the issue is so I can start testing the cart out…

Cheers

Nicola

Sounds like you moved to another cheap host. Cs-cart really wants a quality hosting company and server to perform correctly. I had this problem when trying to use 1and1.com as a host for cs-cart. My fix was:

So in the install index.php file I had to force cs-cart to use mysql and NOT mysqli

fn_check_db_support();
if (IS_MYSQLI == true) {?>

But the recommended fix is get a quality hosting company.

Or, your database user is not ‘admin’… Note the 1st error… Everything after that is wreckage from the first.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Or, your database user is not ‘admin’… Note the 1st error… Everything after that is wreckage from the first.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - thanks tbirnseth, as I have set the database user to admin for just about every attempt - it didn’t seem to like anything I did and alas live somewhere where I cannot find anyone who knows this… I have manually set up the database in just about every attempt…

Yes Triplets,it is a cheaper host, but they do not have CSCart as one of their defaults - I had a choice of about 10, including Cubecart, but as this was to be a testing cart while I find out if I want to jump to CS Cart through my hugely expensive hosting I really wanted it on a remote location…

Will have to have a think about the issue…and see what to do next from there…

Seems I have the same issue. I’m doing a fresh installation of 2.1.3 on my development server. Previous releases of cs-cart I never had issues. MySQL database has been setup by hand, tried new unique user with local right and global rights. I even tried user ‘root’ (!). No succes for days now…

[Tue Feb 22 11:10:42 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.81] PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli()
[function.mysqli-mysqli]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'culivin_www'@'poseidon.home.lan'
(using password: YES) in /var/flexshare/shares/culivin/core/db/mysqli.php on line 44, referer:
http://poseidon.home.lan/flexshare/culivin/install/index.php

The message is pretty clear. For whatever reason, on your server your db_user and db_pass combination is not working and will not let you access the DB.

Yes, the error in my post above is clear.

After some research I found that this occurred only once, I probably made a mistake. It is not a good example.

After this error my error log never showed new entries while I rerun the installation procedure over and over again. As MySQL user ‘root’, as a superuser (admin). I’ve used ‘localhost’ as my MySQL server host and ip address. I’ve chmod index.php and install directory… the browser always show the ‘Can’t open the page’ page. What could be wrong?

This is something that’s just going to take some “divide and conquer debugging”.

I’d start with a clean slate. No .htaccess file, nothing and then extract the archive into the directory and do the install. If you get a 404 error there then there is some conflict (I’m guessing) with your .htaccess and what your server is trying to foce.

Please provide any new (accurate) info on what happens. First you had a host issue with set_time_limit(), then you showed us a bad db access message which you say has nothing to do with the problem.

So right now, you haven’t given us any quality/accurate info to help you from.