Install 2.2.2 database to 2.2.3 Files?

Good Afternoon, i'm trying to do a clean installation of our store to bug test, however I no longer have access to the matching vanilla cs-cart 2.2.2 files I can only download 2.2.3 files. How do I update the 2.2.2 database dump I have so that it will work in the vanilla 2.2.3? Regards and thank you for your help

Apply the sql dump in var/upgrade/upgrade_2.2.2_professional-2.2.3_professional.tgz/uc.sql

Be sure to backup the DB before applying this 'import'.

Thank you tbirnseth, I think it may be an idea to have a mirror of our site that we can get up and running within minutes after the last little dibacle. :-( Thank you for this! We are going to get some addition shared hosting and get a duplicate site setup.

Thank you

And you're going to keep them synchronized how?

The new multi-store version might help you, but it requires all sites to be on the same server. You can use mysql replication, but once you start allowing outside access to the DB, you better really be on top of your security and you will probably loose any PCI certification you might be able to acquire.

You should use a separate server within the same hosting facility so there's no internet access being opened up between the servers. But if it's the hosting environment that caused your problems, it just means you'd have double to the trouble the next time. Trying to replicate without dedicated servers is probably a waste of time and effort.

Redundancy is a big deal and to do it right is pretty expensive and most small merchants are not willing to invest that kind of money in their operations. Best course of action is to backup regularly (minimum daily) in addition to what your host does for you.

Good luck.

Are there cron jobs that can automate offsite backups? I took a quick look at what can be done through cpanel but it's a bit advice me to be honest.

Regards

You'd have to develop it or pay someone to develop it for you.

It would be relatively simple shell script that would create an archive of your store and of your database to either pre-defined filenames (overwritten each time the job is run) or to a date stampted filename which would need to be managed). The script could then FTP these files to some offsite location.

Probably a couple of hours work for someone who knew what they were doing…