Insert Shipment Info in Invoice

Hey CS-Cart Users

Just trying to figure out how to get CS-Cart to pass shipment info onto our customers when we ship an order. Right now we are using eCC to create shipments in the CS-Cart store, however in spite of having the box checked to notify the customer the “shipments_products” email is not going out.

So what I am trying to do is add the code from “shipments_products.tpl” to the invoice.tpl file however they shipment field is blank after trying to do this.

Here is the code I am adding

```php {$lang.products}:

{foreach from=$shipment.items key="hash" item="amount"}
{if $amount > 0}
{$amount} x {$order_info.items.$hash.product}

{if $order_info.items.$hash.product_options}
{include file="common_templates/options_info.tpl" product_options=$order_info.items.$hash.product_options}

{/if}

{/if}
{/foreach}

```

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I should add that all that shows up on the invoice is the following. So there is an issue with the code not pulling the actual data.

Invoice:

Order ID: #44892

Shipping method:

Shipment date: 05/05/2011, 12:33

[quote name=‘slomustang50’]I should add that all that shows up on the invoice is the following. So there is an issue with the code not pulling the actual data.

Invoice:

Order ID: #44892

Shipping method:

Shipment date: 05/05/2011, 12:33[/QUOTE]

I also want that effect… otherwise, customers do not know which carrier the goods was shipped by…

However, the CS team does not take any action to answer this kind of question, only ask you to contact their customer service, then it mean you need to pay before they answer this question…my damn god

I believe the real problem is that ECC is not actually utilizing the “Shipments” feature offered in later versions of CS-Cart, which is also the likely reason the “Shipment” related emails are not being sent out. ECC needs to update their shipping integration with CS-Cart.

Have you taken this up with Webgility ECC support?

So we too are having this same issue and it’s creating a lot of headaches with customers as you might imagine. So we paid CS-Cart to look into it and this is their reply from today:

Please let me explain it.

If you enable the “allow users to create shipments” check box, the “Shipments” functionality of CS-Cart will be used.

You need to open the order details page in your administration panel and click the “New shipment” button in the “Shipping information” section. Enter desired information, enable the “Send shipment notification to customer” check box and click the “Create” button. Your customer will get an email notification with shipping information (including a tracking code).

If you disable the “allow users to create shipments” check box, the “Shipments” functionality of CS-Cart will not be used.

You need to enter the tracking code on the order details page and it will be displayed in the invoice.

I hope it explains the situation.

I find this to be a little confusing, anyone else?

I’m not familiar with ECC, but the attached screen shots should help.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I’m not familiar with ECC, but the attached screen shots should help.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Thank you but isn’t this function for creating multiple shipments not for having the tracking number sent for just 1 order? To have to go through each and every order using their instructions above to get the customer’s tracking number inserted into their final invoice is ridiculous, illogical and a huge waste of time.

The vast majority of users would assume if you enter the tracking number, select the carrier and update the status to complete that the customers would then be emailed their tracking numbers. Unless I’m missing something?

[quote name='mayanetwork' timestamp='1307130287' post='114125']

So we too are having this same issue and it's creating a lot of headaches with customers as you might imagine. So we paid CS-Cart to look into it and this is their reply from today:

Please let me explain it.

If you enable the “allow users to create shipments” check box, the “Shipments” functionality of CS-Cart will be used.

You need to open the order details page in your administration panel and click the “New shipment” button in the “Shipping information” section. Enter desired information, enable the “Send shipment notification to customer” check box and click the “Create” button. Your customer will get an email notification with shipping information (including a tracking code).

If you disable the “allow users to create shipments” check box, the “Shipments” functionality of CS-Cart will not be used.

You need to enter the tracking code on the order details page and it will be displayed in the invoice.

I hope it explains the situation.

I find this to be a little confusing, anyone else?

[/quote]

I see no “order details page” (unless you are talking about the customer's order page) anywhere nor do I see a new shipment button. Why don't they just put it in the general settings page?

[quote name='feniexstore.com' timestamp='1318203750' post='123277']

I see no “order details page” (unless you are talking about the customer's order page) anywhere nor do I see a new shipment button. Why don't they just put it in the general settings page?

[/quote]

The order detail page is the page you see when you access any order in the back-end of the store, there you will see the create new shipment link half way on the right side of the screen, that is if you enabled the “allow users to create shipments” check box in settings/general otherwise you will see the area where you input the tracking info which will be included in the invoice.

It is a bit confusing but you can only use one or the other not both. If you use shipments then your customer will receive an email with the tracking info as long as you check the notify customer check box.

This part of CS-Cart really stinks and I don't understand why they don't make this a bit easier to manage.

Joe

[quote name='gasngrills' timestamp='1318437448' post='123541']

The order detail page is the page you see when you access any order in the back-end of the store, there you will see the create new shipment link half way on the right side of the screen, that is if you enabled the “allow users to create shipments” check box in settings/general otherwise you will see the area where you input the tracking info which will be included in the invoice.

It is a bit confusing but you can only use one or the other not both. If you use shipments then your customer will receive an email with the tracking info as long as you check the notify customer check box.

This part of CS-Cart really stinks and I don't understand why they don't make this a bit easier to manage.

Joe

[/quote]

Joe,

Thanks for your reply, but I have no option to “allow users to create shipment”. It simply is not there in the general settings.

Mike

Hah…I was mucking with the packing slip template manually adding $order_info.notes to it and noticed a block of code

{if $settings.General.use_shipments != "Y" && $shipment}

Found I DO have allow customers to create shipments checked, but this block of code only prints notes if it is not checked. but the $shipment variable is true.

Way too confusing and time consuming to try and track what $shipment is or does, so I just moved that notes block of code up into the table so it is always displayed. I supposed I could have commented out the if statement, but had already done the work

If you have come to this thread about packing slips you might like to check out my other packing slip mod Better packing slip - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums

[quote name='feniexstore.com' timestamp='1318515099' post='123634']

Joe,

Thanks for your reply, but I have no option to “allow users to create shipment”. It simply is not there in the general settings.

Mike

[/quote]

Mike, have a look in Administration > general settings at the bottom of the top section, just above Help us improve CS cart.

Seems like it would make more sense for it to be in the users/cart section, but there's a lot of odd stuff in cscart, likely due to its Russian origins.