Information Only Site?

Is it possible to use CS-Cart for a non-transactional, such as an information only site?

You may wonder why I would want to use a shopping cart for a non-transactional site. The answer is that CS-Cart is a great database for products. We want to feature products online with photos, description, attributes, etc. without the “add to cart” button on every product page . . . so customers can simply browse for information on our products.

Is this possible out of the box? i.e. Can I somehow turn off the “add to cart” buttons?

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]Is it possible to use CS-Cart for a non-transactional, such as an information only site?

You may wonder why I would want to use a shopping cart for a non-transactional site. The answer is that CS-Cart is a great database for products. We want to feature products online with photos, description, attributes, etc. without the “add to cart” button on every product page . . . so customers can simply browse for information on our products.

Is this possible out of the box? i.e. Can I somehow turn off the “add to cart” buttons?[/quote]

Yes, you can:

1. Administration > Settings > Allow shopping for unlogged customer: Hide price and the "Add to cart"button

2. or in Catalog > Products > your product > Zero price action: Do not allow to add the product to cart

3. additional you could change the css file to hide the text which appear by each product after your backend changes (like: “Call us for price” if you use the setting “Do not allow to add the product to cart”

That’s all.

Bye

Thank you! It is good to know.