Increased Number Of Failed Orders Lately

I used to hardly ever get any failed orders but there have been many the last few weeks. Seems like they are getting more and more frequent. Some are from customers I have been working with so they aren't bots or scams. While some have the order fail and then eventually get the transaction to approve, many customers are getting to the failed portion and then just walking away. One customer did tell me he was having a Captcha issue and it was eventually resolved by him using another computer (or maybe registering on a page other than checkout). I have had failure with credit cards, PayPal and even Amazon Pay. I can look at my logs but not sure how to decipher what the issue.

I had similar, and it turned out to be recaptcha at the time, Cant remember exacttly what fixed it

try and place as many test orders as you can yourself, with different browsers etc.

Did this ever get resolved? We're experiencing an increased number as of yesterday (pretty much all orders now), but then after the order immediately fails, the order gets processed when the payment processor sends the signal. The customer is left stranded on the checkout page though (we updated the error message to help out). We are not using recaptcha on the order checkout, only in a few other areas. Thanks!

I think mine was a reCaptcha based issue as failures have slowed tremendously since removing it from checkout.

I just got a failed order. I could see no reason for it. There was a Stripe intent but as far as I can see no data in stripe (customer not created, no transaction in stripe, no related data of any type I could find).

@darius you asked in this topic )Failed Order Inventory Issues - #15 by SDAD) why do people get failed orders I don’t know, but I did find this article The Order Gets the Failed Status — CS-Cart 4.17.x documentation. @CS-Cart_team is this advice current? Previous orders have worked, I couldn’t see any noticible difference versus following it or not.

Does anyone have any advice on how to determine why order failed? There was no error message in log, nothing in stripe, I have seen a suggestion in one forum topic that it might be related to recapture, my recapture stats indicate 3 failed … but that not much different to other days.

Hi!

No, I think this is unlikely to be your problem. It is most likely that this customer entered the details of a card that was declined in an attempt to make a transaction.