Incorrect Shipping Charges

I want:

all orders under £30 to have a shipping cost of £5.00, all orders over £30 to be free shipping.

I get:

Orders under £15.96 have a shipping cost of £3.32, orders over this are free shipping. Also, when customer gets to the Billing options page they are told "To continue checkout process your order total must exceed £15.96".

I’ve tried:

Setting the minimum order amount to £30.

checking “free shipping” under Products/Shipping Properties/General - results in no carriage being charged.

The shipping cost under Products/Shipping Properties/General are zero for all products.

I have all the relevant states and countries active under Administration/Shipping & Taxes. Default location has been set.

Under Administration/Shipping & Taxes/Shipping Methods/Shipping charges, I checked the Products Cost under Cost dependencies (but noticed after saving it goes back to unchecked).

Please could you help me find what is wrong?

Hi sox

try to set in cost dependencies for all locations cost to be £5.00 by adding 0.01 in the product value.

Then go to promotion and make a cart promotion that would give as Bonus free shipping when condition is order subtotal equal or more than £30.

That way you will also alert your customers that they got a promotion of free shipping.

Fotis

may be a currency or location issue. Check which currency you have set as default

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1411568465' post='192805']

may be a currency or location issue. Check which currency you have set as default

[/quote]

Yes, looks like currency issue. sox, how many currencies do you use and which is base one?

Also there is no need to use the minimum order amount setting in your case. Set its value to 0.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1411568465' post='192805']

John

[/quote]

Thank you - I found there was an exchange rate of 1.88 on my primary currency (it was also playing havoc with the prices)!