Incomplete Orders

Hi,

I have noticed quite a few incomplete orders on my system. Can anyone advise me why an order would go into incomplete?

I thought it would go into incomplete if a customer adds the products to their basket and then doesn't go ahead with the purchase (like the abandoned carts). However, there seem to be a few orders made by myself (which I use to quote for customers) that have gone into there but I always leave them in 'open' so I'm not sure why they have appeared in 'incomplete'.

Lastly, I have had one or two real orders appear as 'incomplete' instead of going into 'paid'. Luckily I get the order notification emails but this is very concerning as it could be easily missed!

Many thanks

Hi,

I have noticed quite a few incomplete orders on my system. Can anyone advise me why an order would go into incomplete?

I thought it would go into incomplete if a customer adds the products to their basket and then doesn't go ahead with the purchase (like the abandoned carts). However, there seem to be a few orders made by myself (which I use to quote for customers) that have gone into there but I always leave them in 'open' so I'm not sure why they have appeared in 'incomplete'.

Lastly, I have had one or two real orders appear as 'incomplete' instead of going into 'paid'. Luckily I get the order notification emails but this is very concerning as it could be easily missed!

Many thanks

Check the Cs-Cart knowledge base page about order statuses.

So, incomplete status is a hidden status. As a customer presses, the Submit my Order button, the order gets the incomplete status. If CS-Cart shop doesn't receive any answer from the payment system, the order stays with incomplete status. If it gets any response, the order status changes to open, complete, or failed.

post here for examination, can be an issue

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/project-1-cs-cart/

Not exactly,

Incomplete is short instance, if customer hits submit order and while in for example paypal close browser window order will become open. But if he click return to shop without loggin in to paypal order will become incomplete again with cart content remaining where it was.

Check the Cs-Cart knowledge base page about order statuses.

So, incomplete status is a hidden status. As a customer presses, the Submit my Order button, the order gets the incomplete status. If CS-Cart shop doesn't receive any answer from the payment system, the order stays with incomplete status. If it gets any response, the order status changes to open, complete, or failed.

There is an official CS-Cart developer dbazhenov on the forums, who made lots of official video lessons how to work with CS-Cart, but in Russian.
Here he explained the logic of incomplete status for online payments.

The main idea, the order gets the incomplete status right after a customer clicks Submit Order Button. And it stays incomplete till CS-Cart gets any response from the payment system. If the customer closes the browser or leaves the computer on the page of payment processor (possibly because of poor Internet connection or any other reasons), the order stays incomplete. If a customer presses return to shop button without loggin in the payment system, the current order also has incomplete status.

Incomplete status always means the unpaid order as the payment process stops on the processor's page. Open status means that order can be paid or unpaid. CS-Cart knows that the payment processor got the data but there is no IPN response yet.

I receive incomplete status whenever i have to give a partial refund via paypal.

It would also raise the inventory levels .
I would then have to go in and update the status to shipped so inventory counts would be correct.

I receive incomplete status whenever i have to give a partial refund via paypal.

It would also raise the inventory levels .
I would then have to go in and update the status to shipped so inventory counts would be correct.

Please check order statuses map in the PayPal addon settings

Hi

you can use our new addon Notification of Incompleted Orders

More info here https://www.cscart.biz/notification-of-incomplete-orders.html

Please take a look at our Abandoned Cart Reminder add-on.