Incomplete Order problem

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]We're about to re-launch our store. I've made two “practice” purchases with the same problem:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]After making a purchase using Google Checkout, I clicked the button to go back to my site. It took me to my cart and showed me the following error: Error Order was not placed.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]In my admin, the order status is Incomplete, and the inventory was subsequently not reduced.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]From the customer perspective, I received an order receipt from Google Checkout. Seven minutes later, I received an invoice from my store (it's possible the invoice was only sent after I poked around in the orders and changed the status from Incomplete to Open).[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I do not want to automatically charge someone after placing their order - I only want to authorize the purchase when the order is submitted and then manually charge them after I fill it. So in Google Checkout, my settings are “Automatically authorize the buyer's credit card for the full amount of the order.” But those orders are Open, not Incomplete.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I can't have customers seeing this error - it will only confuse/frustrate them into placing a second order.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I can't have orders completed as Incomplete, because the inventory is not reduced.[/size][/font][/color]

Google Checkout seems to be configured correctly. API Callback URL is set. XML.

CS CART 2.2.4

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Please advise on how to correct my settings so that orders do not receive an error message and so that the orders arrive in “open” status.[/size][/font][/color]

Hi Blimegreen,

Did you ever get this figured out? We're seeing the same problem when testing with Google Sandbox.

I'm going to debug it in detail now but if someone else already has the answer then all the better!

Best Regards, Andy