Importing of products & images

Hi everyone,

1. I’m trying to import products via the Administration/Import products function, have followed the formatting and template of creation of the CSV file with semi-colon as the delimiter…

However, when the time comes to upload the file to the system, it did not seem to be successful as no products were shown in CS-cart.

Do I need to include all field name indicated in the instructions? I have made the fields’ value with the quotation marks as well.

2. After reading through the manual, and KB, I’m still unable to comprehend how to upload product images in the masses, without having to go to each product page one by one.

Am currently trying the Trial version before I buy the cart.

Please help…

Use comma delimited. No, you don’t have to have all of the fields. Do not put quotes around the fields. Make sure the last column has data in all rows.

make sure first letter of each field header is capitalised

Just create a few products in the cart and then export them and see what is the exact format of the products in the .csv file. You don’t need to include all fields.

Thanks peeps for answering (1).

How about the images? How to upload in batches?

1. I saw in the Knowledge base that all field values must be in quotes… But after importing… I checked the product info pages, its strange… these should not have quotes ( " ")?

Product code – became “ps321”

Product name – “abc”

Quantity – 0 – did not show my 100

Description – “asasdsd”

Page title – “sdasdasds”

Category – “sdasda”

Prices – 0 - did not show the prices entered.

Weight - 0 - did not show actual weight

So what actually needs to be quoted in quotation marks?

If you are using .csv, you don’t need the quotes.

Create a couple of products with all the options you are going to use, including images. Export your product list as a .csv file as suggested by argiman then you can have a look at the different fields and you will also be able to see the path for your images. You will need to upload your images via ftp, to your Images/Backup folder and change this in your .csv file, i.e. make the Detailed Image column read "/var/www/vhosts/YOURDOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/images/backup/IMAGE NAME.jpg#NAME OF IMAGE.

Leave the Thumbnail column blank and your thumbnails will be created automatically.

Make sure you have data in every cell in your last column.

It is also really important that all your product skus are different.

How can I create a csv file? can I use microsoft?

any help please

create a csv file in office or any good spreadsheet/text programme,

sych as this free one

[url]http://www.openoffice.org/[/url]

I alwys just create my spreadsheet in excel then fils save as csv then when inport select comma as the seperator not semi colon, works every time

JOhn

I’ll try that and let you know.

After, I create a csv file, how do I import my products from my other website?

Here is what I’m trying to do, I’m trying to move all my 2000 plus products from CRELOAD to CS-CART. But I have no idea how to do it. This is so hard:confused:

so please a little more help.

go to your exixting CRE site, go to data manager tab then exort data

export all data. This will export your data as a text file.

then open that text file in your spreadsheet programme, exel/open office etc.

ope as tab limited so all colums are seperated properly.

Now go to your CScart site and export a csv from the as comma seperated, ope this file and compare the headers from the 2 files.

Now obviously CScart wont import directly the CRE file you will have to delete the headers and put in the headers from the CS cart file so CS knows what you are talking about.

you can get rid of the columns in the CRE file like V_parent id etc etc. Just get the data you want from the CRE file and paste this int the CS cart file.

save as a .csv file and then import to your CS site as comma seperated.

Thats it Your done.

Do I have to do anything on the export page of the CS-CART? product code the is the only one that is highlighted. Do I need to highlight any other?

check the attachment.

Creload file is a messed.

products import.jpg

no just export that one, then copy and paste the info from cre loaded that you require into the corredt heading of CS cart csv

give me a shout if u have trouble

John

When I down the file form creload, its all over the place. At this rate, it will take my forever to do this. Plus the images links are not there. look at the attachment.

Thank you for your reply… Lyn.

Still confused about the Detailed Image Column… Do I just add in the actual path of the image uploaded? — /public_html/eshop/images/backup/image.jpg?

And what does the Product URL / Image URL do? Do I need to enter anything for these 2 fields?

Thank you.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]If you are using .csv, you don’t need the quotes.

Create a couple of products with all the options you are going to use, including images. Export your product list as a .csv file as suggested by argiman then you can have a look at the different fields and you will also be able to see the path for your images. You will need to upload your images via ftp, to your Images/Backup folder and change this in your .csv file, i.e. make the Detailed Image column read "/var/www/vhosts/YOURDOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/images/backup/IMAGE NAME.jpg#NAME OF IMAGE.

Leave the Thumbnail column blank and your thumbnails will be created automatically.

Make sure you have data in every cell in your last column.

It is also really important that all your product skus are different.[/QUOTE]

Yes, add the path to the location of the image.

The URL is so that you can download the image from a remote server.

Tom,

Find one of your images from the CRE loaded site online and make a note of its filepath.

then in detailed images put that filepath and CS will retrieve the iamge from there.

i.e. [url]http://www.yourcreloadedstore/image/pic.jpg[/url] remember all the cahrachters have to be the same upper and or lower case as they are already.

Or move all the files from your CRE folder and upload them to your cs cart image folder and use this path. Just upload them to the images/backup folder and CS will retreive them from there and put them in the correct directory. You only need to use 1 image size to upload with cs 300px is the larger size and it automatically created thums for you.

I have attached a sample file for you to see how CRE Files can be edited into a format suitable for cs cart.The top row headers are CRE column header and the 2nd row is the corresponding ones required for CS so you can compare what you need. NOTE see i stripped away about 25 columns from cre file as they are not needed by CS.

EPA2010Jul18-0303-2.zip

EPA2010Jul18-0303.zip

Ok, I’ll try all what you said to do, And thank you for helping me.:smiley:

John,

I have a problem, the option don’t download with the file from the creload. Like the size and colors.

How can I get them too?