Importing & Mailing List Q's

Hi Guys,

#1) I know I can import new products, via the admin page. Can I also import a csv or xml file just for updating inventory quantity? (I receive inventory reports via EDI from my vendors)

#2)When a customer enters their email address in the box to receive email newsletters the following message appears “You have not selected a mailing list”, any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for attempts to help,

Tzvi

www.shoeboyz.com

Hello Tzvi,

Thank you for your message.

[quote]Hi Guys,

#1) I know I can import new products, via the admin page. Can I also import a csv or xml file just for updating inventory quantity? (I receive inventory reports via EDI from my vendors)[/quote]

Yes, you can update inventory by uploading a .csv file using the “Import data” functionality. An imported .csv file should look as follows (e.g.):

Product code;Quantity
"B000068IG9";"10"
"B0008JFJ2M";"10"
"B0001I2EZU";"20"

where values in the “Product code” column are product codes of necessary products and values in the “Quantity” column are necessary quantity values that you want to specify for products.

[quote]#2)When a customer enters their email address in the box to receive email newsletters the following message appears “You have not selected a mailing list”, any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for attempts to help,

Tzvi[/quote]

Please make sure that one or more mailing lists are selected when entering an e-mail address and clicking the “Submit” button in the block. If yes, the problem requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team