Images in Category menu

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to have an icon-sized image alongside (to the left of) each category name in the category menu? I was thinking of a different image for each category.

This would be a nifty feature to have in the category setup area.

Thanks in advance.

I am actually paying Alt-Team to do this for me. It should be done in a few days.

I am having this done for the plain/dynamic menu, but it might also work for the vmenu.

This is the detailed description that Alt-Team is doing:

[quote]1. We will create a new layout that will be a copy of the plain layout, but with category icons.

2. Administrator will be able to select this layout from admin.

3. We will use the attached image and will make the category icons to be the same as on the image.

4. Category icons will be taken from the category editing page.[/quote]

Here is what it will look like:

[attachment=4612:category_icons.JPG]

You'll be able to change you styles however you want.

Once I get it and test it, I'll post it.

Thanks,

Brandon

category_icons.JPG

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1318528602' post='123643']

I am actually paying Alt-Team to do this for me. It should be done in a few days.

I am having this done for the plain/dynamic menu, but it might also work for the vmenu.

This is the detailed description that Alt-Team is doing:

Here is what it will look like:

[attachment=4612:category_icons.JPG]

You'll be able to change you styles however you want.

Once I get it and test it, I'll post it.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Thats awesome Brandon. Do you happen to know if there is a list of User Contributed mods a user like myself could access? I would hate to have a new mod built to find its already been provided by another user.

I wish there was. It would be nice to have a section on this forum for mods/addons that people have already done and feel like contributing to the forums. I think I usually put mine in the Commercial Modules section, but I still don't really feel like that is the best place.

I will be putting this addon there though.

I'm also having Alt-Team code together a “real” manufacturers dropdown list thing. I'll also put that there. Basically it will allow a person the choice of how they want the features displayed, normal or dropdown.

I know there are some free ways to do this, but I couldn't get it to work with 2.2.3 so I figured a real addon would be the best.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1318544921' post='123661']

I wish there was. It would be nice to have a section on this forum for mods/addons that people have already done and feel like contributing to the forums. I think I usually put mine in the Commercial Modules section, but I still don't really feel like that is the best place.

I will be putting this addon there though.

I'm also having Alt-Team code together a “real” manufacturers dropdown list thing. I'll also put that there. Basically it will allow a person the choice of how they want the features displayed, normal or dropdown.

I know there are some free ways to do this, but I couldn't get it to work with 2.2.3 so I figured a real addon would be the best.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Thats awesome. I will plan to contribute any add-ons I have done as well. I'm working on getting one

for Product Image zooming using Professor Cloud's CloudZoom as an alternate to the more expensive solutions and it works just as great. I have been using CloudZoom on my sites before CS-Cart for a while now its great!

[font=“Tahoma”]Hi!

Looks good, but what does it look like with the rest of the page? (fixed width / full width template?)

Can it appear in the middle content area and be a pop-out (on hover or click) when clicking on categories from the main menu?

Keep up the great work!

Will this be okay with future upgrades?

Cheers![/font]