It would be a great time-saver if you could improve the export of product images.
(Menu path: Adminstration/Export Data/Products/Images)
The field ‘Detailed image’ contains several types of information separated by different delimiters.
- Making it difficult to separate them into distinct fields for import into other systems
- From a data-management perspective, this is a no-no anyways. 1 field = maximum 1 piece of information
Example: see enclosed
- It’s an example with 4 languages
- There’s no delimiter between folder path and actual name of image
- The delimiter between image name and first language title is an ‘#’
- The delimiter between languages X and Y is an ‘;’
- The whole field ends with an ‘}’
Suggestion: separate this Export field into several export fields
Field 1 = Image folder path
Field 2 = Image name
Field 3 = Language X (‘DE’ in my example)
Field 4 = Language X description (‘Polizei’ in my example)
Field 5 = Language Y
Field 6 = Language Y description
 plus please add ‘Product ID’ as an additional field. It’s a better unique identifier than ‘Product Code’.
Note: a similar problem exists when exporting other Product-related Data. For example, exporting the fields ‘Features’ and ‘Options’ in Products are good examples where a similar problem exists as described above