Image Upload Maximum Size

Hi Guys,

I’m using MVE so vendors are uploading their own product images, however some people are uploading images that are WAY too big which is slowing down the site. Although we have put a warning next to it that images should be under 100kb, they still continue to do it because the image uploader lets them.

Is there any way we can make the image uploader not accept files that are over a certain size?

[quote name=‘exodus’]Hi Guys,

I’m using MVE so vendors are uploading their own product images, however some people are uploading images that are WAY too big which is slowing down the site. Although we have put a warning next to it that images should be under 100kb, they still continue to do it because the image uploader lets them.

Is there any way we can make the image uploader not accept files that are over a certain size?[/quote]

Yes - via PHP’s file upload limits, you could lower it down from whatever it currently maybe be (typically most web servers, default PHP install, is like 8 megabytes). However, this method would prohibit if you did want to allow to upload something that big your self.

As far as CS-Cart settings for max upload size, I don’t think there is such an option currently, but I could be wrong, maybe I’ll check into this further over this coming weekend, its an interesting point, as I was just having to increase our upload allowances for attaching user manual PDFs (50+ MB) for some of our products.