I'm scared to upgrade and need advice!

Hello all,

I am using version 2.0.8 and I am happy with it for the most part, and I am afraid of loosing the work I’ve done to it so far (alot of little tweaks here and there and I did not use hooks), but I need the moneybookers payment module that was released in version 2.0.13, so I am willing to redo all the little stuff.

My main fears are-

#1, Breaking the cart. This is my only income! Any down time could be costly.

#2, Loosing the Mods That I paid to have installed. (Mainly the AlertPay payment module, but also the WG slideshow flash rotator)

#3, Loosing product images and their descriptions.

Are any of my fears valid? And what would be the best way to get to where I want to be?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, and I thank all of the forum contributors, because without all of your help, I would have abandoned this cart a long time ago.

I sincerely mean that, Thanks.

I have installed moneybookers addon to version 2.07

After its installed files can be updated manually from latest cart version.

Please rename extension from .zip to .tar.gz

Take appropriate tpl files from latest cs-cart, updated, add any missing lang variables.

Hi Darius, and thanks for the response and mod zip.

But now I am really lost!

Take appropriate tpl files from latest cs-cart, updated, add any missing lang variables.

This module will work with out upgrading?

When I upgrade, I will not loose my other installed mods?

I will have to update this module with the one in version 2.0.13? It will not overwrite during upgrade?

Sorry for my confusion, and thanks for your help.

[quote name=‘red280z’]Hi Darius, and thanks for the response and mod zip.

But now I am really lost!

This module will work with out upgrading?

When I upgrade, I will not loose my other installed mods?

I will have to update this module with the one in version 2.0.13? It will not overwrite during upgrade?

Sorry for my confusion, and thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

This is early version of mod, it works as the latest just module configuration page may look different if files are not updates from latest cs-cart.

Here are instructions

[QUOTE]Please follow the instruction below to install the patch properly:

• copy the ‘moneybookers_208.tar.gz’ file to CS-Cart root directory and extract it;
  • tick off the ‘db_changes_murzik_moneybookers.sql’ file and click on the ‘Restore’ button.
  • go to the “Administration/Addons” page in the admin panel and click on the “Install” button next to the “Moneybookers” addon.

We recommend you to make a backup of your database before installing the modification.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

After all done, find tpl & php files from latest cs-cart installation. Replace & update files use file compare software if you need to (winmerge for example).

[QUOTE]This module will work with out upgrading?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[QUOTE]When I upgrade, I will not loose my other installed mods?[/QUOTE]

Upgrade works in stores with no modifications or modifications only done with my changes addon. Most of your mods will not be compatible with latest cart.

[QUOTE]It will not overwrite during upgrade?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I did test upgrade on localhost with 20 product shop that has no modifications, original template.

1. Had to re upload all my pictures as shop could not find them.
  2. admin.php error was popping up all time, later I discovered in config php ‘mysqli’ changed to ‘mysql’
  3. Blocks and banners had to be requild.
  4. all mods would be overwritten with new files, all changes to php or tpl also

Very huge risk doing this on live store

Thanks Darius.

I think I will leave my cs-cart boat anchor alone and go back to working on my cart of ‘zen’. Everything has been free with that one, and I can understand the logic behind it.

I am glad I am only out about $500 (not including hosting and SSL) with this cart.

Just for comparison-

My cs- cart, wwwdotsafetecigarettedotcom

My other cart of ‘zen’, wwwdotelectroniccigaretteparlordotcom (please note- I am still working on this one, no SSL yet and I am updating the products)

I am also looking at opencart, it is free also, and it looks to be a promising cart. (And with that said, let my a$$ riping begin)

Thanks again to all of the forum contributors, and especially Darius for all your help. I think you folks are great, and you are the only thing keeping cs-cart afloat.