I Need Help With Purchasing An Upgrade To The Latest Version Of Cs-Cart.

I currently have CS-Cart 2.x installed on one of my domains. I need assistance with purchasing an upgrade to the latest version of CS-Cart. I want this to be a seamless transition. Is there live chat or phone support available that can assist me with this? Everything else seems to point me towards buying support credits, which doesn't seem logical or fair especially for someone at the product sales stage again.

Do you have a helpdesk account?

https://www.cs-cart.com/helpdesk

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1411669911' post='192872']

Do you have a helpdesk account?

[url=“My account -”]https://www.cs-cart.com/helpdesk[/url]

[/quote]

Yes, I have an account there. It says that I need credits for support but like I said that doesn't make sense because I'm just inquiring about a sales issue. That's why I'm trying to get help from here.

Once logged into the Helpdesk, on the left there are two main sections: Shop and Helpdesk. The 6th item down in the Helpdesk section is “Licenses.” Click on that. You should see a list (if you have more than one) of licenses you have purchased. Over on the right of the license you want to prolong, click on the “More” drop down menu. Then click on “Prolongate.” This should enable you to purchase a prolongation of your license. Once you do that, you should be able to download the latest release inside your help desk account.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1411697559' post='192893']

Once logged into the Helpdesk, on the left there are two main sections: Shop and Helpdesk. The 6th item down in the Helpdesk section is “Licenses.” Click on that. You should see a list (if you have more than one) of licenses you have purchased. Over on the right of the license you want to prolong, click on the “More” drop down menu. Then click on “Prolongate.” This should enable you to purchase a prolongation of your license. Once you do that, you should be able to download the latest release inside your help desk account.

[/quote]

I will try this in a bit and report back the results. Thank you.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1411697559' post='192893']

[/quote]

I purchased the upgrade from 2.x to 4.2.2. I am unsure how to perform an upgrade though. I tried to use the Upgrade Center, but it does not detect that I have purchased a new version. I'm not sure why it is asking for FTP server information either. I noticed that on CS-Cart 2.x, I get several PHP errors when running any portion of the website. I am not sure if it has something to do with CS-Cart or if my web host upgraded something and did not mention anything. I have not touched this website in a few months. I have backed up my website entirely just in case of an upgrade error. Any help would on how to upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrading from 2.x to 4.2.2 is not trivial and cannot be done through the upgrade center. That is why I said you would have to download the update from inside your help desk account.

Basically what you need to do is download the 4.2.2 software from your help desk account and install it in a subfolder of your site, say:

www.mysite.com/422

Then do a store import of your 2.x site using the Store Import Tool.

This will give you a 4.2.2 version of your current site in the subfolder. However, the fronted will be a complete mess and you will have to fix it up.

When you get the site in the subfolder looking the way you want on the frontend, then you do a “normalize” of your data (bring everything in the subfolder store up to date with new orders, customers, etc.). Then you would move the contents of the subfolder to the root of your site, change your config file to point to the correct database etc. and then you can open the store and go live.

There are probably knowledge base articles and step by step forum posts to help you. Make sure you do lots of research and understand all the steps before attempting this. Like I said, it's not trivial.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1412640002' post='193469']

There are probably knowledge base articles and step by step forum posts to help you. Make sure you do lots of research and understand all the steps before attempting this. Like I said, it's not trivial.

[/quote]

Here is it:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Hope that helps.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1412640002' post='193469']

Upgrading from 2.x to 4.2.2 is not trivial and cannot be done through the upgrade center. That is why I said you would have to download the update from inside your help desk account.

Basically what you need to do is download the 4.2.2 software from your help desk account and install it in a subfolder of your site, say:

www.mysite.com/422

Then do a store import of your 2.x site using the Store Import Tool.

This will give you a 4.2.2 version of your current site in the subfolder. However, the fronted will be a complete mess and you will have to fix it up.

When you get the site in the subfolder looking the way you want on the frontend, then you do a “normalize” of your data (bring everything in the subfolder store up to date with new orders, customers, etc.). Then you would move the contents of the subfolder to the root of your site, change your config file to point to the correct database etc. and then you can open the store and go live.

[/quote]

Thank you for all of your help so far. I managed to upgrade from 2.2.5 to 4.2.2 but I am stuck with the installation in the subfolder. If I take it out of the subfolder and place it in the root where I need it to be, certain portions of the site will work. However, if I try to access admin.php, I get a redirect loop error and then about 5 seconds later, I get a 500 error message. I believe I have followed all of the instructions like editing the config files and things get better/worse when removing the .htaccess file, but if I cannot access the admin.php file, the software is useless and I will need a refund.

Other things I should mention are the following warnings/error messages that appeared while upgrading:

The URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work

WarningSome images may be shrinked to improve loading time on non-HiDPI devices. You may want to re-upload the images with better resolution.

WarningWatermark creating is disabled. If there are any “Rewrite watermarks rules” instructions in the “images/.htaccess” file, you should remove them manually. Otherwise category and product images will be unavailable.

WarningThe Searchanise add-on was automatically disabled during upgrade to avoid false search results. Activate it at any time on the Add-ons page

WarningAdd-on “News & e-mails” is incompatible with the following add-ons: E-mail marketing. These add-ons will be automatically disabled.

I'm pretty sure this is something simple. I suggest you start another thread with a title that describes the problem so it will get seen by some of the developers on here. They should be able to give you a quick answer that solves the problem.

Make sure you config.local file has like below (but put your web address in)

// Host and directory where software is installed on no-secure server
$config['http_host'] = 'yourwebsiteaddress here';
$config['http_path'] = '/';

// Host and directory where software is installed on secure server
$config['https_host'] = 'yourwebsiteaddress ';
$config['https_path'] = '/';

and .htaccess file may need to be

RewriteBase /

Ensure your cache is cleared and that you do not have any redirects in .htaccess

I have tried all of the things you mentioned above, but I am still getting the error. I will create a new thread about this specific error.