I need a product without a price

I need to create a product that would not have a price or “add to cart”.

I know this sounds odd, but this is what my client is asking for. He wants products that cannot be purchased via the site. He acts as a middleman, for example, someone pays online to post a listing for sale. He then posts that listing and works as the middle man, contacting the buyer and seller and arranging the sale. He makes no commission off of this sale.

The reason that it needs to be a product is a few reasons:

There will be tons of them

and they need to be under certain categories.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide.

[quote name=‘GlobalNerds’]I need to create a product that would not have a price or “add to cart”.

I know this sounds odd, but this is what my client is asking for. He wants products that cannot be purchased via the site. He acts as a middleman, for example, someone pays online to post a listing for sale. He then posts that listing and works as the middle man, contacting the buyer and seller and arranging the sale. He makes no commission off of this sale.

The reason that it needs to be a product is a few reasons:

There will be tons of them

and they need to be under certain categories.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide.[/quote]

Change ‘Zero Price action’ on the product page.

Thanks, but I tried that and the product on the site still has “Add To Cart” with a quantity.

I have Zero Price Action set to: Do Not Allow To Add Product To Cart and saved. I also have inventory set to “do not track”

Any ideas??

Thanks!!