How To Sort New Product By Minutes?

Hello

Does some one can show me how to sort new product by minutes on the website? on the admin product page? and on the vendor product page?

Because now it's sort by newest, but only the product from the morning are display on the top, and if the product upload in the afternoon, they are not display on the top of the category page and admin product page.

Thank in advance!

my website use the multi vendor 4.2.3

Thank

Franck

Modification times are stored in seconds so “Newest” should not care anything about morning or afternoon. Can you be more specific about what you are clicking/doing to get the sort order you want? Are you clicking a column on a listing page? Or are you doing a search and then selecting the sort order?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1424471686' post='206057']

Modification times are stored in seconds so “Newest” should not care anything about morning or afternoon. Can you be more specific about what you are clicking/doing to get the sort order you want? Are you clicking a column on a listing page? Or are you doing a search and then selecting the sort order?

[/quote]Hi, my website are sort product by newest on each category, but the first product of the day is place on the top of the page(first product), the 2nd, 3rd, 4th… are listing under the first product, if i have more than 200 product by day, so all product from 30th - 200th are display start on the 2nd page of each category, because the newest sort only by day, not by minutes or by seconds, same problem on the admin backoffice and vendor backoffice too. Do you know how to sort by minutes or seconds please?

Thank!

I'm not quite following so suggest you submit a bug in Bugtracker. It sounds like you are saying that when you use Newest as the sort order, it does not properly paginate. If so, that would be a bug you should report.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1424549440' post='206138']

I'm not quite following so suggest you submit a bug in Bugtracker. It sounds like you are saying that when you use Newest as the sort order, it does not properly paginate. If so, that would be a bug you should report.

[/quote]Thank, I will ask Cs cart directly.

This problem persists from 2x…

Say you add today ID1001 to ID1100, when you sort by newly added you would think ID1100 should be on top because you added it last, wrong, ID1001 will be first item seen in category, while ID1100 in some page…

[quote name='Enew' timestamp='1424537352' post='206128']

Hi, my website are sort product by newest on each category, but the first product of the day is place on the top of the page(first product), the 2nd, 3rd, 4th… are listing under the first product, if i have more than 200 product by day, so all product from 30th - 200th are display start on the 2nd page of each category, because the newest sort only by day, not by minutes or by seconds, same problem on the admin backoffice and vendor backoffice too. Do you know how to sort by minutes or seconds please?

[/quote]

It is strange for me to hear that. All dates in CS-Cart are stored in Unix timestamp (seconds since standard epoch of 1/1/1970) and the system sorts products by this value. It means that products cannot be sorted by day, but not by seconds. If you have 3rd party add-ons, try to disable them one-by-one

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1424765483' post='206266']

This problem persists from 2x…

Say you add today ID1001 to ID1100, when you sort by newly added you would think ID1100 should be on top because you added it last, wrong, ID1001 will be first item seen in category, while ID1100 in some page…

[/quote]yes, correct

OP stated that order is correct on the first page of output. But subsequent pages just duplicate the order from the first page. To me, this is a bug.

@Darius, I'm not quite following what you mean by [quote]Say you add today ID1001 to ID1100,[/quote] Are you meaning a range of product codes? If so, then it's quite possible that they would all be added in the same second. In this case, for duplicate seconds, the secondary sort would be alpha-numeric. So ID1100 would follow ID1001.

As I and Ecom have both stated, date/time info is stored in the DB in seconds and that is what's used to sort. To actually break this into days for sorting the list (I.e. alpha within a particular day) would actually be quite a bit of coding to do it and as far as I can see that would have no value whatsoever for either admin or customer lists.

ID1001 is SKU number not product id from db.

I am adding products manually, there is at least few minutes time gab in between new products. So if I add products every 5 minutes or so, I am expecting in end of the day last product to be on top of others, but this is not happening. On top is first product added in morning.

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1424862796' post='206385']

ID1001 is SKU number not product id from db.

I am adding products manually, there is at least few minutes time gab in between new products. So if I add products every 5 minutes or so, I am expecting in end of the day last product to be on top of others, but this is not happening. On top is first product added in morning.

[/quote]Yes, I have ask cs cart, they say this is the default function of cs cart, need change by a developer company.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1424821424' post='206335']

OP stated that order is correct on the first page of output. But subsequent pages just duplicate the order from the first page. To me, this is a bug.

@Darius, I'm not quite following what you mean by Are you meaning a range of product codes? If so, then it's quite possible that they would all be added in the same second. In this case, for duplicate seconds, the secondary sort would be alpha-numeric. So ID1100 would follow ID1001.

As I and Ecom have both stated, date/time info is stored in the DB in seconds and that is what's used to sort. To actually break this into days for sorting the list (I.e. alpha within a particular day) would actually be quite a bit of coding to do it and as far as I can see that would have no value whatsoever for either admin or customer lists.

[/quote]Dear, can you show me how to setting newest product by seconds please? I need show the product add on the last minute of the day show on the top of the website category page, product in admin page and product sort in customer product page, same sort by newest by seconds or by minutes. thank

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1424781580' post='206293']

It is strange for me to hear that. All dates in CS-Cart are stored in Unix timestamp (seconds since standard epoch of 1/1/1970) and the system sorts products by this value. It means that products cannot be sorted by day, but not by seconds. If you have 3rd party add-ons, try to disable them one-by-one

[/quote]Dear, can you show me how to setting newest product by seconds please? I need show the product add on the last minute of the day show on the top of the website category page, product in admin page and product sort in customer product page, same sort by newest by seconds or by minutes. or do you have the add on for this please? thank

[quote name='Enew' timestamp='1424882990' post='206426']

Dear, can you show me how to setting newest product by seconds please? I need show the product add on the last minute of the day show on the top of the website category page, product in admin page and product sort in customer product page, same sort by newest by seconds or by minutes. or do you have the add on for this please? thank

[/quote]

Let's check the issue directly on your server. If you are interested, please PM me temporary FTP access

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1424945680' post='206503']

Let's check the issue directly on your server. If you are interested, please PM me temporary FTP access

[/quote]Dear [color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]Aleksey, I have send your the ftp access to your email. thank very much.[/size][/font][/color]

We will check the issue at the first opportunity. Thanks