How to Show Product Code

I’m using product options, such as color, with individual product codes for each color in 2.0.12.

But the product code does not show up on the order email or order printout. CS-Cart support has said that the product code will only show up if I use the “track with options” setting. But I don’t want to track stock on these products.

So does anyone know how I can show the product code for product options on the invoice WITHOUT tracking stock?

You’ll have to set the Enable inventory tracking on Administration > Settings then for each option, you should select the Inventory checkbox which you can only do AFTER creating the option. Build your combinations then go into the combinations and enter your product code for each product combination.

As long as you select Do not track for the Inventory field in the General > Pricing/Inventory section then inventory will not be tracked and the inventory quantity field will not even appear on the product combination page of that product. These settings, though, WILL allow you to enter a product code for each combination.

The ONLY downside is that CS-Cart did not set it up for the product code to appear in the storefront for non-inventory tracked items that have product codes attached to their combinations. You will see the information in the order email and printout but not on the product when viewing in your store (product page OR cart.) I don’t know if that is corrected in the newer versions or not but it doesn’t appear in 2.0.8 and I’ve never asked for a mod (yet!)

Hope this isn’t too confusing! If you need a screen shot of one of my products set up this way or more help, let me know.

I needed this option and paid for CS-Cart to do it for me. Their charges were very reasonable. However, I am using version 1.3.4.

I agree this should be standard, whether you track inventory or not.

[quote name=‘scase’]You will see the information in the order email and printout but not on the product when viewing in your store (product page OR cart.) [/QUOTE]

Thanks . . . I had already done everything you recommended, but the product code still does not show up in invoice emails or printouts.

[quote name=‘scase’]You’ll have to set the Enable inventory tracking on Administration > Settings then for each option, you should select the Inventory checkbox which you can only do AFTER creating the option. Build your combinations then go into the combinations and enter your product code for each product combination.

As long as you select Do not track for the Inventory field in the General > Pricing/Inventory section then inventory will not be tracked and the inventory quantity field will not even appear on the product combination page of that product. These settings, though, WILL allow you to enter a product code for each combination.

The ONLY downside is that CS-Cart did not set it up for the product code to appear in the storefront for non-inventory tracked items that have product codes attached to their combinations. You will see the information in the order email and printout but not on the product when viewing in your store (product page OR cart.) I don’t know if that is corrected in the newer versions or not but it doesn’t appear in 2.0.8 and I’ve never asked for a mod (yet!)

Hope this isn’t too confusing! If you need a screen shot of one of my products set up this way or more help, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify . . . I can enter the product code for each combination, but the individual product codes do not show up in the invoice emails or printouts.

[QUOTE]Just to clarify . . . I can enter the product code for each combination, but the individual product codes do not show up in the invoice emails or printouts.[/QUOTE]

The full product ID for the product “including variant code” (Full product sku) should be displayed.

Widget101-LG-Blue

[quote name=‘Struck’]The full product ID for the product “including variant code” (Full product sku) should be displayed.

Widget101-LG-Blue[/QUOTE]

The name of the option is displayed, but not the option product code.

[QUOTE]The name of the option is displayed, but not the option product code.[/QUOTE]

When you are setting up your product variants, you can assign a unique (full sku) to each variant, as well as assign inventory values to each individual variant.

So for example, for Widgets, you may have blue, red, green variants.

And within the particular variant settings for the blue widget you would assign a complete sku number of WIDGET-BLUE, which is what would be displayed on your order notifications.

For our products of which variants are used, I do not even add a product ID to the base product, they are only added to each variant of the product.

Because, you are not selling widgets, you are selling blue, red, & green widgets.

If you go to one of your products and open the Options tab, you should see a link named Option Combinations, if you click this link you will then see where you can assign the Product Code (SKu) for this individual option.

[quote name=‘Struck’]If you go to one of your products and open the Options tab, you should see a link named Option Combinations, if you click this link you will then see where you can assign the Product Code (SKu) for this individual option.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to create the option combination before you can assign codes to it also I think you need to have with track with options enabled otherwise the option combination will not change when any option is selected. This used to work just fine without having tack with options enabled in previous versions prior to 2.0.14, they must of done something to screw this up. I use option combination on a lot of my products so I had to enable track with options on all these products.

Knoxbury,

You don’t see your products similar to what is in my attached screenshot? And you said that you’ve assigned your product codes to each option combination for each product, right?

Can you post some screen shots of your settings so we can see what might be wrong?

productcodeswithoptions.jpg

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]I think you need to have with track with options enabled otherwise the option combination will not change when any option is selected.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is that knoxbury doesn’t want to track inventory and the correct product code is not showing up on invoices, etc.

Maybe someone should request this in future versions as in a lot of businesses the product code is important, whether inventory is tracked or not.

[quote name=‘Struck’]If you go to one of your products and open the Options tab, you should see a link named Option Combinations, if you click this link you will then see where you can assign the Product Code (SKu) for this individual option.[/QUOTE]

I HAVE assigned a product code here . . . that’s the problem. This product code doesn’t show up in the invoice email or print out.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]I think the problem is that knoxbury doesn’t want to track inventory and the correct product code is not showing up on invoices, etc.

Maybe someone should request this in future versions as in a lot of businesses the product code is important, whether inventory is tracked or not.[/QUOTE]

RIGHT! The product code WAS displayed in 1.3.5 WITHOUT tracking status (see attached screenshot).

[quote name=‘scase’]Knoxbury,

You don’t see your products similar to what is in my attached screenshot? And you said that you’ve assigned your product codes to each option combination for each product, right?

Can you post some screen shots of your settings so we can see what might be wrong?[/QUOTE]

No. Attached is a comparison screenshot of 1.3.5 and 2.0.12 with the same product.

screenshot_comparison.jpg

WOW!!! CS-Cart just quoted me $675 in order to add the product code for product options to the invoice email without tracking status!

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]WOW!!! CS-Cart just quoted me $675 in order to add the product code for product options to the invoice email without tracking status![/quote]

LOL?

I’m using a different style of invoice, however this code generates the product code,

{hook name="orders:product_info"}
{if $oi.product_code}

$oi.product_code}

{/if}
{/hook}
Just stick it in the right place. After this statement somewhere:

[COLOR=Red]{foreach from=$order_info.items item="oi"}[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]LOL?

I’m using a different style of invoice, however this code generates the product code,

{hook name="orders:product_info"}
{if $oi.product_code}

$oi.product_code}

{/if}
{/hook}
Just stick it in the right place. After this statement somewhere:

[COLOR=Red]{foreach from=$order_info.items item="oi"}[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thanks, but that didn’t seem to work. Do you add this to the invoice.tpl file or the options_info.tpl file? Also, is there additional setup needed other than adding this code?

Hmm… my product code shows up in the invoice. I don’t have inventory tracking turned on for those items. Is it because I don’t have product options?

Didn’t bother to check.

Shouldn’t be difficult to modify. Can’t you just modify the template?

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]Hmm… my product code shows up in the invoice. I don’t have inventory tracking turned on for those items. Is it because I don’t have product options?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is only a problem with product options.