How to set up Quick Search in version 2.1.2 to search to first word of title product?

Please help

How to set up Quick Search in version 2.1.2 to search to first word of title product?

It is an addon. Go to Administration/Add-ons. That’s all I did. I also have appropriate search words (words and part #'s) under each product’s SEO/Meta data-which is located on each product page.

Hope that helps

cmund

Also in settings tick the box " search only by product name" and then select all of these words

remember to clear the cache

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Also in settings tick the box " search only by product name" and then select all of these words

remember to clear the cache

JOhn[/QUOTE]

don’t work :frowning:

Did you clear cache,

[quote name=‘andreycosmin’]Please help

How to set up Quick Search in version 2.1.2 to search to first word of title product?[/QUOTE]

I never noticed quick search. Sounds cool.

Put all your first words in search terms field and use it like that.Change tick box search product name only though

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Did you clear cache,[/QUOTE]

a want to search product to first word and not work in 2.1.3

Now I see why I had quick search turned off. I forgot I installed the “Auto Suggest” from Shippingkit.com. I think between the quick search from CS and the auto suggest from shippingkit.com, I would vote for shippingkit.

i want to use quick search not shippingkit

quick search is very nice :frowning: and for my web site is very important to search after first word of title

my site is papetarie

Yeah , I hadd shipping kit one but prefer quick search, much faster for me.

Anyway the easiest way would be to export to csv comma all your product names then copy and past the words you want into another column and give that column a header on Search Words,

re import just the product name and search words column…making sure every cell in the last column has something in it.

Thats it…simples!.

you can put all the words in the search term but if you want JUST the first word the in excel select your data and do @text to columns using a space as your seperator and you will have all the words in individual cells.

If you have trouble in exel I dont mind if you want to send me the data and I can sort it for you.

Hope this helps as its how I did it.

John