We have a clothing brick and mortar store and now creating a website. We use quickbooks POS and trying to sync inventory to cs-cart using webgility.
Every listing that we have has variants with different quantities for these variants. I see how to create product variants/ options in cs-cart but can not add quantities to each variant. For example, each size has different quantities.
Furthermore, each child (variant) listing needs to have a different sku/alu number that identifies in the POS.
How does cs-cart handle parent child relations? Can each have its own sku/alu/code? Can each have its own quantities?
You need to build option combinations.
Try to follow these steps:
- In the admin back-end on the product editing page choose Inventory - Track with options.
- Go to the options tab to create the necessary options and variants (For example Option - Size, Variants - XS, S, M, etc). Don't forget to check the Inventory checkbox when creating an option.
- After creating the necessary options in the Options tab you will see two buttons Forbidden combinations and Option combinations.
- Click the Option combinations button. And in the top right corner choose Rebuild combinations.
- Now you can add quantity and product code for each combination.
If you have some forbidden combinations, for example, size M is not available in Blue color you can set such combinations after clicking the Forbidden combinations button.
Hope it helps.
Best regards, Alt-team
Thanks!!! This is what I been looking for. I knew it could/ should be done but wasn't putting the pieces together.