How to modify "default" Search Options from "Any of these words" to "All of these words" in 2.x

I searched the forums for an option to have the default search option set on “All of these words” in cs-cart 2.1.x without success.

The default setting of “Any of these words” is crappy and makes the Search useless.

For example, if i'm using a word in the search field and click on Search i get too many results. It seems that the scripts also looks in product description, etc and thus the result list has all sort of products totally unrelated to my search.

I want to search to “look” only in the product name and take in account all words (if i'm using more then one).

Shortly, now, if i click on Advanced Search, the default option listed is “Any of these words”. How can i change that to “All of these words”.

Thanks

Hello,

ADMIN:

change on file [color=#ff0000]skins/basic/admin/views/products/components/products_search_form.tpl[/color] line 31

with:

CUSTOMER:

on file s[color=#b22222]kins/basic/customer/blocks/search.tpl[/color] on line 3 under

```php

```
add
```php

```

for trhe search prom products.search
on file [color=#ff0000]skins/basic/customer/views/products/components/products_search_form.tpl [/color][color=#000000]on line 18[/color] replace
```php

{$lang.any_words}
{$lang.all_words}
{$lang.exact_phrase}

```
with
```php

{$lang.all_words}
{$lang.any_words}
{$lang.exact_phrase}

```

I hope this information will help you.

---
Vali

Anyone know how to this in version 4, and which files to edit?

Figured it out:

To set quick search to search by “all of these words” in 4.0.1:

1. Open the file: /app/functions/fn.catalog.php

2. In this file add the following code:

if (empty($params['match'])) {
$params['match'] = 'all';
}

above this one:

[color=#33CC00]// Search string condition for SQL query[/color]

Save the file, and replace the one on your server with the new one.

ALWAYS remember to backup.

Thanks

Thanks worked great.

I want to only search the Search Words box. Or at least stop it from searching the descriptions. Is there a way to do this?

bump.

I would also like to know how to stop searching in descriptions