How to increase all product prices and qty discount prices by £X.XX?

Hi

Does anyone know how to increase all product prices and qty discount prices by £X.XX, in one go? Any ideas?

Thanks

B

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Hi

Does anyone know how to increase all product prices and qty discount prices by £X.XX, in one go? Any ideas?

Thanks

B[/quote]

Good idea… e.g. ZenCart allows that.

Use PhpMyAdmin (provided with almost all hosting packages) and use MySQL to modify all the products fields in one sweep. Something like the following SQL commands can be typed in an executed using PhpMyAdmin:

UPDATE cscart_products SET list_price=list_price+1

or

UPDATE cscart_product_prices SET price=price+1

It depends what price you want to change.

Learning MySQL will save you a lot of work and headaches using cs-cart. The hardest things can be done with one simple MySQL command.

Or

Write a simple PHP routine (probably around 15 lines) that does the same thing and execute it on your server.

[quote name=‘Triplets’]Use PhpMyAdmin (provided with almost all hosting packages) and use MySQL to modify all the products fields in one sweep. Something like UPDATE cscart_products SET list_price=list_price+1 or UPDATE cscart_product_prices SET price=price+1. It depends what price you want to change. Learning MySQL will save you a lot of work and headaches using cs-cart. The hardest things can be done with one simple MySQL command.

Or

Write a simple PHP routine (probably around 15 lines) that does the same thing and execute it on your server.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know some SQL back from my uni days… I just thought that this might be a cs-cart feature I mean even the old oscommerce did it

What would the interest be in this as an addon where you could do it by usergroup? I.e. an admin page that would allow you to increase/decreace by an amount or percentage for each price by usergroup (with option to apply to min_quantity > 1?

I dont know what you mean be user group but what would be helpful to me is one option to increase/decrease the entire catalog with a check box to enable the quainty discount prices tp also be updated/decreaed

…to give a bit of finer control then maybe it can also be applied by selecting whoch categories should be inc/dec by x

Quantity pricing can be set by usergroup. That’s why I included it as an option. I.e. separate price change for wholesale customers versus retail or other groups.

Category pricing wouldn’t be supported since a single product can be in mulitple categories. Hence changing the price for one category would change the price of the product in the other category.

I am interested in this T, definately.

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I am interested in this T, definately.

John[/QUOTE]

The VAT increase is on Tuesday…

tax increase is a single setting… We don’t have tax here in Oregon so experience is low… But if you have the “price includes tax” does it automatically add tax + price or does it assume that the price actually includes the tax rate?

Ive got mine set to price includes tax

Okay guys, here you go.

Docs at: [url]http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/bulk_price.pdf[/url] (or in the attachements area of the product detail page)

Product Detail page is: [url]http://www.ez-ms.com/addonproducts/bulk-price-change.html[/url]

You can change prices by percentage or by absolute value. Pricing is changed by usergroup.

Note that the use of ‘All’ for a usergroup really means “for customers not in a particular usergroup or where there are no specific prices for a specific usergroup”. I tried to stay with the same nomenclature as the main cart though it’s a bit missleading since it’s really “No specified usergroup” versus “All usergroups”…

P.S. I’ve enabled paypal as a payment method since Anet seems to have difficulty with address verification for our British neighbors.

I am totally confused why one would pay for this addon and functionality. Like I said in my previous post, it is ONE SQL command. It can’t get any easier than that. But I guess some people don’t want to learn the necessary tools (MySQL, PHP, Smarty) to support a cs-cart web site. In the long run, not learning the correct tools will cost a developer more and more money.

[quote name=‘Triplets’]I am totally confused why one would pay for this addon and functionality. Like I said in my previous post, it is ONE SQL command. It can’t get any easier than that. But I guess some people don’t want to learn the necessary tools (MySQL, PHP, Smarty) to support a cs-cart web site. In the long run, not learning the correct tools will cost a developer more and more money.[/QUOTE]

Some people like having something available anytime they want and aren’t accustomed to writing SQL.

Like to see the 1 SQL statement for the following:

Group1 - min_qty 1, price 45.00

Group2 - min_qty 100 price 27.85

Group3 - min_qty 3 price 42.00

Group4 - min_qty 10 priice 38.88

I want to change the pricing of:

Group1 by 2.00 absolute

Group3 by .65 absolute

Group4 by 2 percen

Group2 by -10 percent.

Fill in the blanks and click Submit for this solution.

Heck, for the $20, having it in a store available anytime one wants is a pretty cheap convenience. Was simply trying to fill the gap that exists in the software. This addon is meant for merchants, not developers. Not all merchants want to have a technical understanding of a website. The “tools” they want are what’s in the administrative environment of the storefront.

I guess I forgot that some people in this forum are not developers. They are store owners, acting as developers, trying to do both (run a store and develop their web site). In my opinion this is a dangerous combination. It is best to leave the web site to professionals and let the store owner just worry about running their business. To each their own.