How To Get The Same Info/text In Promo Window

I have info about the product in the short description and in the promo section on the product. Is there a code i can use so it automaticly picks up the info/text in the short description and insert it into the promo window?

If yes, where should this code be added?

[quote name='Aron' timestamp='1425458335' post='207040']

I have info about the product in the short description and in the promo section on the product. Is there a code i can use so it automaticly picks up the info/text in the short description and insert it into the promo window?

If yes, where should this code be added?

[/quote]

Here is an example

Run the following queries in the phpMyAdmin

UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description;

If you do not use Multi-Vendor, the following query is also required:

UPDATE cscart_ult_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description;

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1425465899' post='207069']

Run the following queries in the phpMyAdmin

UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description;

If you do not use Multi-Vendor, the following query is also required:

UPDATE cscart_ult_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description;

[/quote]

Thank you. Is it possible to set what items it should update? SOmething like
UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description; where description='H&R'
?

[quote name='Aron' timestamp='1425466979' post='207071']

Thank you. Is it possible to set what items it should update? SOmething like
UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description; where description='H&R'
?

[/quote]

If you mean Product name, the query should be

UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description WHERE product='H&R';

Do not forget to make a backup of the cscart_product_descriptions table before running this query

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1425484684' post='207098']

If you mean Product name, the query should be

UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description WHERE product='H&R';

Do not forget to make a backup of the cscart_product_descriptions table before running this query

[/quote]

Thank you. This update every item that was already made. But it does not apply to new items. Is there a way to make this add automatically?

Maybe i can just add all the items i need, then update the categories instead of every item in the webshop.

This script should work then?

UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = short_description WHERE category='Category_name';

Unfortunately, information about product category is stored in another table.

We suggest you to add the following modification:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/35063-adding-promo-text-field-via-csv/page__view__findpost__p__180742

Then just export the required products, open the generated file in Excel or other program, copy the short description to the promo field and import the changed file.