How To Edit What Shows Up On The Search Results When There Are No Results?

Back when we were using CS2.2.5 I believe we edited something manually for when a customer would type something in and there were no results we still showed a “link cloud” of popular searches. Well, the upgrade to CS 4 brought over where ever that edit was done. So I was wondering if anyone would know where you would go to manually edit the page that ends up saying…

“Sorry, there were no products found matching the search criteria.”

…when nothing can be found.

On the CS demo page it would be the page that is at the following link…

Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

Thanks!

HI

It depend on how far you want to go, you could just go to Administration/languages/translations and search for the text “No products found matching the search criteria” You can insert your text or HTML code.

Alan

I probably edited the tpl or whatever file the page uses. I just can find the notes of what I did. I really did not think the import from 2 to 4 would bring over that part.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1391701803' post='176965']

I probably edited the tpl or whatever file the page uses. I just can find the notes of what I did. I really did not think the import from 2 to 4 would bring over that part.

[/quote]

Unless you are changing the layouts, you do not need to change the .TPL you can put HTML in the Language Translation.

Alan

Hi Clips,

You should create a hook and perform the changes using “My Changes” addon else again the same thing will happen when you upgrade the Store i.e your changes will be list.

You can identify the exact tpl file using the onsite template editing tool and modify the code by creating an appropriate hook.

Regards,

NaMo

It looks like I did edit this within the “language” portion. I found it and zapped it. Sometimes you do things so long ago you forget what you did.