How To Disable AJAX "Product was added to your cart" Popup?

Yes we’ve turned the AJAX popup window off here: admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage§ion_id=DHTML and yes we’ve checked the box for “Redirect customer to the cart contents page if non-AJAX addition to a cart is used” here: admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage but still when it redirects you to the cart the AJAX popup still shows. We’re using the latest 2.1.2 version. Does anyone know how we totally disable this annoying AJAX popup window?

If I recall correctly it is in the checkout.php controller file. Find the section for mode == ‘add’ or ‘add_to_cart’, I forget which. In that section is code for the notification popup function to be called when an item is added to the cart. Comment out that line of code.

(sorry I’m not at the machine with my cs cart files so I can’t be more specific)

adodric is correct. Also, it’s not AJAX.

[quote name=‘adodric’]If I recall correctly it is in the checkout.php controller file. Find the section for mode == ‘add’ or ‘add_to_cart’, I forget which. In that section is code for the notification popup function to be called when an item is added to the cart. Comment out that line of code.

(sorry I’m not at the machine with my cs cart files so I can’t be more specific)[/QUOTE]

Thank you but just to be clear, there is no current method within the Admin area to totally turn off this feature?

[quote name=‘mayanetwork’]Thank you but just to be clear, there is no current method within the Admin area to totally turn off this feature?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Only adjust how long it is there.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]Nope. Only adjust how long it is there.[/QUOTE]

Personally I love this feature because like you we’re all likely “early adopters” and have no problem with new features and new technology designed to improve our user experience.

However we visited all the top retail online sites and NONE use this feature and all simply redirect to the cart. So this is what the regular user is used to and as soon as we turned this feature off and redirected to cart sales have increased as have conversion rates.

[quote name=‘mayanetwork’]

However we visited all the top retail online sites and NONE use this feature and all simply redirect to the cart. So this is what the regular user is used to and as soon as we turned this feature off and redirected to cart sales have increased as have conversion rates.[/QUOTE]

I personally like to redirect the user the cart because as you said, conversions are higher and it is overall less confusing for the customer. However, some top retail sites do use the popup “added to cart” feature, two of them being Target.com and Walmart.com (which uses a slightly different method but it is only in the presentation).

Hi,

It may depend on products. At this time of year, many of our customers purchase the same personalized item several times. It’s best for them to add to cart, but stay on the same page.

They need the option in this case to stay on page or go to cart.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

It may depend on products. At this time of year, many of our customers purchase the same personalized item several times. It’s best for them to add to cart, but stay on the same page.

They need the option in this case to stay on page or go to cart.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Good point and for me I would prefer to shop with the pop-up window. Thank you to everyone for your help, cheers :slight_smile: