How To Direct Customer Straight To Shopping Cart After Add To Cart

The title says it all. In our old non CS-Cart platform customers would click the "add to cart" button and would then be directed straight to the shopping cart.

I presumed that you could configure CS-Cart the same way. Is that assumption true or do I need a addon for that ?

Regards

Anthony

Do you mean checkout or to main page?

If directed to checkout what happens if the customer wants to order other stuff? This way it could increase sales if it stays out of checkout until customer is ready to purchase.

In the config.local.php file you can find the following tweaks:

'disable_dhtml' => false, // Disable Ajax-based pagination and Ajax-based "Add to cart" button
    'redirect_to_cart' => false, // Redirect customer to the cart contents page. Used with the "disable_dhtml" setting.

You can enable them. Note that the ajax pagination will be disabled also in this case.

In the config.local.php file you can find the following tweaks:

'disable_dhtml' => false, // Disable Ajax-based pagination and Ajax-based "Add to cart" button
    'redirect_to_cart' => false, // Redirect customer to the cart contents page. Used with the "disable_dhtml" setting.

You can enable them. Note that the ajax pagination will be disabled also in this case.

@eComLabs, how would this disabling of the ajax pagination affect the shopping experience ?

If a customer clicks on the next page, the whole page will be reloaded, not just central content of the page

The issue is that if you try to redirect from an ajax request, it will fail since the browser never sees that response. Hence you need to turn off ajax-add-to-cart to enable the controller to take you to a new page (checkout.checkout) rather than just display info in a pop-up from checkout.cart).

You could add a button of something like "Buy Now" in addition to "Add to cart" and have it NOT be an ajax request and then just handle it in a controller of your choosing

Well I appreciate all the feedback I have gotten sofar but that said I will leave it as it is and try to pursuade my customers to just look more closely at the upcoming FAQ in our store.