how to create mega top menu with categories and products

I am new on cs-cart framework. I want to create a mega top menu with categories and products, but I can not figure out how to do. Can you give me some information or example how to get categories and products by addon?

There are a few posts on this, search mega menu. Also in the labs section seems CS cart are integrating this in a forthcoming release.

John

Before you spend hours and hours on this: this will be deployed in the new cs-cart version coming beginning of next year.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I have spent almost one week :( on it and try to implement.

Jarvis

is this just a rumor or is this something you know first hand?

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1321292459' post='125965']

Before you spend hours and hours on this: this will be deployed in the new cs-cart version coming beginning of next year.

[/quote]

[quote name='BaDTaG' timestamp='1324302460' post='128066']

[/quote]

Here you go:

http://labs.cs-cart.com/professional/

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1324302878' post='128067']

Here you go:

[url=“http://labs.cs-cart.com/professional/”]http://labs.cs-cart.com/professional/[/url]

[/quote]

that link requires a user/pass. where do we get this?

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1324306282' post='128075']

that link requires a user/pass. where do we get this?

[/quote]

Use your forum details I think

John

Mega-Menu's are no longer showing on the “labs” site which leads me to believe that it wont make it to the next version of CS-Cart,

hmm I cant get access to it :-(

Doo wrong password :-P

[quote name='hbtrading' timestamp='1324309040' post='128079']

Mega-Menu's are no longer showing on the “labs” site which leads me to believe that it wont make it to the next version of CS-Cart,

[/quote]

Check the “block” for categories, it has new options for columns.

Overall seems like a modern approach, a complete new skin frame that will place cs-cart on current design trends. All we knew is going out of the window, just great, great job.

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1324447262' post='128188']

Check the “block” for categories, it has new options for columns.

Overall seems like a modern approach, a complete new skin frame that will place cs-cart on current design trends. All we knew is going out of the window, just great, great job.

[/quote]

WOW!, thanks for showing me That's a complete rework of the templating system, looks pretty awesome.

The new version looks great. I can't wait to see this live. When will this be released?

@ Solesurvivor - I heard around February / March

It is great. I spend about 2 hours searching and playing with it . I must say they did a great work with templating. Also the menu is great (mega menu) , I also like the feature that can create a new page layout for a specific dispatch but most of all the export function for all blocks , an idea that I actually post in user voice but never had any votes. I guess it's pure luck for me that they had the same thought!

I still missing the ability to put extra fields under the product title in the product screen and having to download some mod like shipping availability . Off course the tab manager for products is also a great new feature.

Over all is a great update mostly in the framework with block positioning (also for things like logo, quick links,search etc) as the highlight of that upgrade.

Well done Cs-cart.

Any improvement in the speed department in this upcoming version? Seems to run at the same load speed as the demo.cs-cart.com does.

BTW: Love the Quick view on category pages

Omg, it's exactly what I want my new site to look like. The product filters are awesome! Can't wait for it to be available!

[quote name='hisajean' timestamp='1329709904' post='131608']

Omg, it's exactly what I want my new site to look like. The product filters are awesome! Can't wait for it to be available!

[/quote]

[url=“CS-Cart 3 RC Released - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums”]CS-Cart 3 RC Released - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Referring back to the topic, has anyone any experience with creating menus in CS-Cart?[/size]

[size=3]I’m halfway through an accordion-style expanding menu, where i’m happy with the menu it self, however would appreciate some assistance integrating it into CS-Cart and replacing the current menu (or adding a block option for the Category Menu Block!).[/size]

[size=3]Please see my post here: http://forum.cs-cart…post__p__140962 (to avoid posting duplicate content).[/size]

[size=3]note: you can see that a level is expanded, active category changes colour, and mouseover also changes the colour (image) of the main categories and sub-categories - e.g. Wall Clocks.[/size][/font]

[center]

[/center]

[center][size=1]http://s12.postimage…_Menu_v141x.jpg[/size][/center]

[size=3]Would anyone have the patience and time to either please show me or please provide examples of how to integrate this into CS-Cart, similar to how Tecchese has successfully managed to?[/size]

[size=3]Thank you very much![/size]

[size=2]2 x JS, 1 x CSS, 6 x IMG.[/size]

[size=3]P.s. I’ll be happy to share this - so that others may benefit and learn how to make their own menu’s! :D[/size]