How to create a vendor's admin and restrict to certain access

I am unable to find Vendor’s Administration access/restriction
If a vendor hired many of his employees, then how can vendor give permission to there vendor access.

1. If vendor want to restrict the access only order sections for order processing.
  2. Vendor want to restrict to only product section…

checked the vendor privilege addon, it can create vendor group. But how a vendor can assign the group to new user added for vendor admin.

My vendor hired a person to add products, he tried to add some products but when he deleted, Bymistakes there are so many products was selected and deleted. To prevent of this we need to explore the vendor’s admin permission. But while checking i have not found any solution on google or other place.
Please try to guide me how i can set this.
Thanks

Hey mate!
If I understood you correctly try to do this.

1. Open customers
  2. Click on “User groups”
  3. Click “+New user group” to add one
  4. Name the user group e.g “Vendor Item Manager”
  5. Type “vendor”
  6. Tick “No access” on everything else except the privileges you need. Example “Product privileges” and “Order privileges” tick full access.
    Create

Part 2
Go back to customers tab

1. Click on “administrators”
  2. Then click on “vendor’s administrator”
  3. Click “add user”
  4. Enter information of your vendor’s employee. E.g email and password.
  5. Then on storefront, click the drop down to choose your vendor’s shop name.
  6. Continue filling in all the remaining details such as name and address then create. Example name admin as BestBuy product manager

Part 3.
Go back to customers tab and click on administrators

1. Then click vendor’s administrators
  2. Find your newly created admin. In my example I’d find “BestBuy product manager” and click on the name
  3. Just under the bold admin title, you should see three tabs, “General “ “User groups” “Api access” click on “User groups”
  4. You should see at least two, where one is default named “vendor “. Change status from active to declined.
  5. The other user group named “Vendor Item Manager” should show status as “available“. Change this to active.

Done.
Now log in as user, you should only see 3 tabs. Home, orders and products. You can adjust your privileges any time.

1 Like

In addition to assign permissions to a vendor user group you will need to activate the the vendor privilages add on.

That’s correct. I assumed they already activated it since they mentioned the addon and looked around the privileges.

1 Like

Thanks for your very detailed reply, you are great.

These steps are working but in real company it will not work.
Example.

1. Suppose, my account is on the cs-cart.com, and i am a seller of addons, I have hired 5 interns for different roles.
  2. Now i have to send all 5 interns’s email, phone to cs-cart.com to create a user with limited access. Cs-cart will inform me after creating there accounts with passwords and all the details.
  3. Now after 2 days two of interns are leaved the company, Now i have to inform the intern details to cs-cart.com
  4. Again after 15 days i hired 2 interns,
    This is norman companies flow of running business.

For easy way to handle it is.

1. Admin can create multiple vendor groups for vendors
  2. When main vendor creating there users, they can assign the group to there vendor sub-admin.

@CS-Cart_team Please check and suggest us. how it can possible so i can discuss with other developers.

@CS-Cart_team
Please advice me how vendors can assign there admin for vendor panel.

I’m afraid but vendor administrators cannot assign/manage user groups of others out of the box.

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. As a main administration, its not possible to change/assign every vendor’s team, its not a good practice.
  2. Is this possible to change in core files or by addon, so vendor can assign there team, Suggest What files we have to change, So we can discuss with freelincers.

(Also provide solutions for next updates and your existing users who may be suffering)

Thank you for your reply.

I have forwarded your feedback to the product managers.

Sure it is possible to make these changes, but I am afraid that the developers will have to find out the necessary changes themselves. All I can do is give a few hints as to what should be added:

1. Post controller for the app/controllers/backend/profiles.php which will do the following:
    a. List the available usergroups in the template variable $usergroups.
    b. Add the navigation tab Usergroups to the navigation.tabs in the Registry.
    c. This should only be done for the root vendor administrator.
  2. The template design/backend/templates/views/profiles/update.tpl should be updated so that the vendor administrator can manage the usergroups.
  3. Probably a new privilege should be created to manage this feature for a Vendor Administrator.