How to Change Search Options

1. In the latest 2.x cart, how do I remove the drop down box for search so that it is just a search box? Is their a setting for this or do I need to remove it from the tpl?

2. How do I setup search so it is searching for “word 1” AND “word 2” in any order?

For item 2:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Bob

For item 1

Yes you need to remove it from the .tpl

[quote name=‘jobosales’]For item 2:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks . . . is there a way to make this change so it won’t be overwritten the next time there is an update?

If the search which you wished to enable to “search by all” is at the store front (customer area), the search area on top of the page, then refer to this thread on how I do it via the my_changes hooks way.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=60734&postcount=2[/url]

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]Thanks . . . is there a way to make this change so it won’t be overwritten the next time there is an update?[/QUOTE]

Not that I am aware of. The change should be highlighted for resolving the discrepancy as part of the upgrade process.

I add a comment to all my changes describing why I have made the changes and also including my ‘handle’ so that I can search for them in the future. These will appear in the above reconciliation phase to make it easier to resolve the difference.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

I add a comment to all my changes describing why I have made the changes and also including my ‘handle’ so that I can search for them in the future. These will appear in the above reconciliation phase to make it easier to resolve the difference.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Interesting . . . what do you mean by “handle”?

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]Interesting . . . what do you mean by “handle”?[/QUOTE]

Anything you can search on. I would use my initials but ‘rps’ could show up in many words. You could use ‘knoxbury’, for instance. It is really just meant to make it easy to search for changes you have made. If you have more than one person in the code, use different handles so you can determine who made the changes.

Bob