How To Add Multiple Shipments To Order For Tracking?

We sometimes need to create more than 1 shipments for an order due to the fact that the order was sent back since the customer was not there to receive or even if there was some replacement required for the order due to some defect , how can we enable multiple shipments for an order ?

Settings -> General -> Allow multiple shipments for a single order

http://prntscr.com/e0x718

We already tried that but it doesnt allow shipment to be added if 1 shipment is already assigned to the order.

We already tried that but it doesnt allow shipment to be added if 1 shipment is already assigned to the order.

So you want to have several shipments for the same item? I am afraid, it is not possible is CS-Cart

yeah because the order might need to be returned and the shipment needs to be tracked against that order only or then we need to resend a new product in replacement.

This is a very big shortcoming then in cs-cart

yeah because the order might need to be returned and the shipment needs to be tracked against that order only or then we need to resend a new product in replacement.

This is a very big shortcoming then in cs-cart

Why you cannot delete first shipment?

Why you cannot delete first shipment?

The old shipment is required since we have to bill it to the vendor for shipping cost so any kind of shipping associated with the order needs to be accounted for and charged to vendor

The old shipment is required since we have to bill it to the vendor for shipping cost so any kind of shipping associated with the order needs to be accounted for and charged to vendor

Thank you for the clarification. I am afraid, additional code modifications are required in this case

I am on v4.6.2 and do not see this option at all. Has it been removed from this version or is this only multi-vendor?

Settings -> General -> Allow multiple shipments for a single order

http://prntscr.com/e0x718

I am on v4.6.2 and do not see this option at all. Has it been removed from this version or is this only multi-vendor?

Yes, multiple shipments is default feature now