How To Add A Page On All Vendors Backoffice

Hello

Does someone can show me how to add a page with text on all vendors back office please? (see image for more detail)

My website using multi vendor with 4.2.3

Thank very much in advance!!!

Franck

how to add a page on all vendors backoffice.jpg

The is a process for adding these kind of menu items in the backend. It generally assumes creation of an addon or change to the core schema to do so. What is going to be in this menu? Those items are NOT pages, but menu containers.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1436569299' post='222498']

The is a process for adding these kind of menu items in the backend. It generally assumes creation of an addon or change to the core schema to do so. What is going to be in this menu? Those items are NOT pages, but menu containers.

[/quote]

Dear Tbirnseth

We will add some text for vendor to show how to sell better theirs product online, we will add image, video, links. Can you show me how to add a new menu please?

Thank in advance!

Franck

If you look at the file:

app/schemas/menu/menu.php

and then search for 'website' you will see an example of the schema you need to create.

You can either add your schema definition to this file (not recommended since it will get clobbered during an upgrade) or you can create a

app/addons/my_changes/schemas/menu/menu.post.php

As an example, here's what a menu.post.php file looks like for one of my addons that adds an “Auto Mail” menu item to the 'Customers' menu that will take the user to the user's auto_mail.manage controller

```php

/*
* Copyright 2011-2015, 1st Source IT, LLC, EZ Merchant Solutions
*/
if( !defined('BOOTSTRAP') ) die('Access denied');
$schema['central']['customers']['items']['auto_mail'] = array(
'attrs' => array('class' => 'is-addon'),
'href' => 'auto_mail.manage',
'position' => 1100,
);
return $schema;

```

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1436645442' post='222577']

If you look at the file:

app/schemas/menu/menu.php

and then search for 'website' you will see an example of the schema you need to create.

You can either add your schema definition to this file (not recommended since it will get clobbered during an upgrade) or you can create a

app/addons/my_changes/schemas/menu/menu.post.php

As an example, here's what a menu.post.php file looks like for one of my addons that adds an “Auto Mail” menu item to the 'Customers' menu that will take the user to the user's auto_mail.manage controller

```php

/*
* Copyright 2011-2015, 1st Source IT, LLC, EZ Merchant Solutions
*/
if( !defined('BOOTSTRAP') ) die('Access denied');
$schema['central']['customers']['items']['auto_mail'] = array(
'attrs' => array('class' => 'is-addon'),
'href' => 'auto_mail.manage',
'position' => 1100,
);
return $schema;

```
[/quote]Dear

No easy to understand, do you have another more easy solution for this please?

Thank

Franck

Unfortunately not. It's just how it works. You have to have a destination for the menu and then you have to tell the system what that destination is, where you want the link and what it's to be named, etc.

If I'm not wrong, you cannot add external links or links to the store-front with this scheme

Not sure. could be restricted to only controller.mode (but guessing it just passes this value to fn_url()) in the current context (Admin/vendor). But there's certainly no reason you couldn't have for instance:

'href' => my_changes.vendor_info',

And simply have that mode redirect to /vendor_info.pdf

Right. I just wanted to say that you cannot use:

'href' => 'http://google.com',