How duplicate Addons for differene purposes ? Duplicate HotDeals...

Hi Felllows,

I new the following thing.

How can I duplicate the Hot Deals Addon as another addon?

I need a “Recentely Viewed” in the bottom of wich page that looks like the Hot Deals Addon, but I need it personalized (without the categories list, number of pages, and the arrows loked )

Is that possible ? If possible how to duplicate as another new addon?

See ya!

copy addons/hot_deals_block and its contents to a new name of your choosing.

copy the var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/hot_deals_block to the same directory with your new name.

Go to the Administration/Addons page and install your new addon.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]copy addons/hot_deals_block and its contents to a new name of your choosing.

copy the var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/hot_deals_block to the same directory with your new name.

Go to the Administration/Addons page and install your new addon.[/QUOTE]

Well…It didn’t work.

It didn’t install correctly. The CS-cart gives you the message that the addon was installed but when you go to the addon on the Administration Addon list it still appears unstalled. (I already clened the cache and everything).

What I need is a way to have the same HotDeals functions, but I want the freeedom to edit the styles and tables without changing the HOtDeals itself.

Any help.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]copy addons/hot_deals_block and its contents to a new name of your choosing.

Go to the Administration/Addons page and install your new addon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but this ways doesn’t work. Addons can not install , though it says successfully installed, but can not active this copy addon.

If you want to actualy duplicate an addon, you need to copy the addons/addon_name directory to a new directory name. You then need to edit the addon.xml file and change the name. You then need to edit func.php and make sure all the function names and hooks represent your new addon name.

Then you need to go to var/skins_repository/base/addons

and copy old_addon_name to new_addon_name

Then go back and install the new addon. But if there are duplicate names like block names (based on template filenames) then you’ll have to resolve those too. You may have some trial and error in front of you so be prepared to spend some time.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]If you want to actualy duplicate an addon, you need to copy the addons/addon_name directory to a new directory name. You then need to edit the addon.xml file and change the name. You then need to edit func.php and make sure all the function names and hooks represent your new addon name.

Then you need to go to var/skins_repository/base/addons

and copy old_addon_name to new_addon_name

Then go back and install the new addon. But if there are duplicate names like block names (based on template filenames) then you’ll have to resolve those too. You may have some trial and error in front of you so be prepared to spend some time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks…I dupklicated the “Hot Deals” Addon to works as “Recentely Viewed” and works nicely…Thnks