How do you handle stock management?

My partner went to a seminar last night entitled ‘IT for business’ . One of the things he said the guy brought up was stock management (ie logistics). The guy said that we should try and integrate some stock management software into our shopping script.

CS cart monitors stock however what we need is something which alerts us of low stock for a certain product. I am not a developer but I assume that this would be something which would be quite easy to integrate with future versions of cs cart.

ie. for every product you enter a ‘stock alert’ figure and when stock reaches that level a warning pops up on the home page of the cs cart admin panel. So if we order 300 items of a product we could set the stock alert at 50 or 75 or something (I will need to research what the best reorder level is)

How do other shop owners manage stock management without a feature like this?

not sure if this is what you mean, but cs-cart sends admin an email when stock hit a preset level

Hi Mike

Where do you set these levels?

Barryh

Home>Settings>General under Catalog I don’t use it but I am assuming you check the “Enable Inventory Tracking” and then enter the amount in “Low Stock Nofication Threshold”.

Hi found it.

Not much use for inventory control.

Product A - stock level 1000 - low level 250

Product B - stock level 10 - low level 2

Not much scope in a global low stock level!

Would be better if set per product!

BarryH

Thanks Texas

ahhh…sorry, i knew something was there though…

i would bet it would be “not too difficult” to incorporate this per each product.

If I get bored I will look into it.

:wink:

Hi Mike

I might just try that myself, I will probably KILL my website though!!

Barryh

[quote name=‘Texas Trophy’]Home>Settings>General under Catalog I don’t use it but I am assuming you check the “Enable Inventory Tracking” and then enter the amount in “Low Stock Nofication Threshold”.[/QUOTE]

thanks - i wasnt aware of this feature. It would be good in the future to be able to set a low order level for each product as some products will be bought in bulk and some will not but this will certainly do for now

:):slight_smile:

This has been one of my real desires. 10 units of one item might be a 4 month supply while 10 units of another might not get us through a couple of hours. This should really be added to CS-Cart.

Bob