How Do You Get Your Blog To Display On Your Site?

So today I decided I would see how the blog feature works for SEO purposes. I have been reading for 2 hours now and I still can't figure out how to create a link or even get to the blog once I have posts. Why is this so complicated? It seems that there should just be an easy way to link to your blog section but I am not seeing it. Hour of reading and I still don't see an explanation on how to get this on your website so users can view it.

I've tried:

mysite/cart/blog

mysite/cart/blog.html

mysite/cart/seo-url-listed-in-add-on-for-the-post.html

And nothing is working.

I totally get how the blog works I just have no idea how to get them to display on my site!

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1438908069' post='225950'] So today I decided I would see how the blog feature works for SEO purposes. I have been reading for 2 hours now and I still can't figure out how to create a link or even get to the blog once I have posts. Why is this so complicated? It seems that there should just be an easy way to link to your blog section but I am not seeing it. Hour of reading and I still don't see an explanation on how to get this on your website so users can view it. I've tried: mysite/cart/blog mysite/cart/blog.html mysite/cart/seo-url-listed-in-add-on-for-the-post.html And nothing is working. I totally get how the blog works I just have no idea how to get them to display on my site! [/quote]

[color=“#282828”][font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][size=2]Dear IsItFast , [/size][/font][/color]

[color=“#282828”][font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][size=2]In order to find solution to your issue, you can address your query to our customer service team at sales@cart-power.com. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=“#282828”][font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][size=2]We will do our best to help you.[/size][/font][/color]

If you want benfit from a blog install wordpress in a subdomain or folder. My top five page in google are all from my blog. Cscart product pages don't have enough content and their content page don't rate well for some reason.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1438960247' post='226023']

If you want benfit from a blog install wordpress in a subdomain or folder. My top five page in google are all from my blog. Cscart product pages don't have enough content and their content page don't rate well for some reason.

[/quote]

I may end up going that route. Just installed WP on a customers site for them today. Seems much easier to integrate since I can just link to it from the main site if needed. But was hoping since the blog is an integrated feature in 4.3.1 it may be worth just going that route. So funny how there isn't just a simple way to link to your own blog within CS.

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1438988860' post='226051']

I may end up going that route. Just installed WP on a customers site for them today. Seems much easier to integrate since I can just link to it from the main site if needed. But was hoping since the blog is an integrated feature in 4.3.1 it may be worth just going that route. So funny how there isn't just a simple way to link to your own blog within CS.

[/quote]

The blog addon that CS-Cart has recently added is half-baked at best. You should either use WordPress or if you want to maintain the look and feel of your site, I suggest using one of the 3rd party blog add ons, like the one that Cart Power offers.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1439039251' post='226084']

The blog addon that CS-Cart has recently added is half-baked at best. You should either use WordPress or if you want to maintain the look and feel of your site, I suggest using one of the 3rd party blog add ons, like the one that Cart Power offers.

[/quote]Thanks…I'll look into it.

Go to Website → Blog and go to the parent page details (Blog in our example)

Clip2Net — screen capture tool for Windows, Android, iPad, Mac, Linux

Go to the Add-ons tab and select the seo name of this page (blog in our example)

Clip2Net — screen capture tool for Windows, Android, iPad, Mac, Linux

Go to the Add-ons → Manage add-ons → SEO page and check the value of the Page SEO URL format setting

If value = /parent-page/page.html then the URL to the blog will be http://my_domain.com/blog.html

If value = /parent-page/page/ then the URL to the blog will be http://my_domain.com/blog/

If value = /page.html then the URL to the blog will be http://my_domain.com/blog.html

If value = /page/ then the URL to the blog will be http://my_domain.com/blog/

Alternatively you can put your blog anywhere you want and then use an html block with an iframe in it to your blog…

Alternatively you can put your blog anywhere you want and then use an html block with an iframe in it to your blog....

Would this method enable display of the blog from within the main domain? Our blog has it's own subdomain and when accessed the browser points off the main domain to the blog. I'm wondering if it might be better to stay on the main domain. Your method also would further abstract the blog from the web site. Would this put control over how the blog is displayed on the web site side? We need to rework the appearance of our blog, which has pretty rudimentary formatting, so this might be a helpful concept.