How do you force priority in promotions ?

This isn't a huge problem but it's annoying.

We have free shipping for cart product totals over $150.00

but if a customer applies a supplied promo code and the

product total becomes $130.00 Free Shipping STILL applies.

I have given the Free Shipping promo a priority of 200

and the price reduction promo a priority of 100

which 'in theory' means Free Shipping should apply

on the cart product total after the discount code.

I know I must be missing something.

Any ideas ?

I believe the priority numbers are only for listing purposes.

Thanks chrisbti.

Not exactly good news for me…lol

I can't be the only one experiencing this difficulty ( I hope )

Wishing the best for us all.

Sorry. This was a double post.

I haven't used it myself but there is the option when setting up a promotion to stop other rules being applied. Presumably if you set that then only the promo code or the free shipping would be applied not both.

Not exactly what you need but better than the default.

[quote name='NairdaCart' timestamp='1375861716' post='166410']

I haven't used it myself but there is the option when setting up a promotion to stop other rules being applied. Presumably if you set that then only the promo code or the free shipping would be applied not both.

Not exactly what you need but better than the default.

[/quote]

This would partially work, as it means you won't lose out giving free shipping on orders under $150, but for orders totals over $150, you will only be able to apply free shipping OR the discount coupon.

Thanks guys.

Gotta live with it I guess.

Luckily with CS-Cart the great features vastly outnumber the annoyances.

I remember reading a while ago that priorities between a 'Catalog' promotion and a 'cart' promotion cannot be set. I believe they can if your promotion is of the same type… i.e; two Catalog promotions can have a priority of '0' and '1'

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] i.e; two Catalog promotions can have a priority of '0' and '1'[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]My 'Free Shipping' & 'Discount promo' are both cart promotions.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Maybe it's tough luck for Cart promos. [/font][/color]