How Do You Add A Product To A Cart Through The Api?

Hi, I'm exploring the API, and I understand how to fetch a cart and a product using the API. My question now is if there is a way to add a product through the API?

Hi, I'm exploring the API, and I understand how to fetch a cart and a product using the API. My question now is if there is a way to add a product through the API?

I am afraid, no

If you are referring to adding a product to a cart, no, the API doesn't support it. Years ago we created a controller/mode to add-to-cart/checkout from a remote location via a GET request. Ie. to add a product to a user's cart and either go to cart or go right to checkout. It was intended to use in blogs or remote advertising.

As far as I know it still works and is free. You can fetch it from https://ez-ms.com/private/unsupported_scripts/checkout.pre.php.txtand you can modify it to suit your needs.

If you are asking about adding a product via the API there is most certainly a create() method in the Products.php entity.

I see, then do you know how the the mobile app from CS Cart add products to the cart? Do they send a request to a dispatch, then in the dispatch, they retrieve the cart, add the product, then save the cart to the database? And then retrieve the cart again on mobile?

Alternatively, could I extend the API to do this? In the parameters for my extension I would give the user id, and then product ID and then run the fn_add_product_to_cart function and then save the cart through fn_save_cart_content?

I see, then do you know how the the mobile app from CS Cart add products to the cart? Do they send a request to a dispatch, then in the dispatch, they retrieve the cart, add the product, then save the cart to the database? And then retrieve the cart again on mobile?

CS-Cart contains invisible module called storefront_rest_api. Looks like it do what you need. But it does not have any documentation. If you are familiar with PHP, examine the module to find a way to add products to cart through API

And the module storefront_rest_api is very easy to extend by own custom addons.

We have created a full frontend with the storefront_rest_api. It is fully integrated in our community framework.

But you must be logged (the User who is using the cart) in, to use the cart by storefront_rest_api.

Hi, thanks for this. Where are the files for the storefront_rest_api located?

Nevermind, I found it. I assume it's not as easy as using it the same way the normal API is used? Because I keep getting "The Entity is not found, when I use the names of their classes". Any hint on how to use them? Or a specific file I should look into?

could you please help to get all information of user in user API like address,city etc

If you are referring to adding a product to a cart, no, the API doesn't support it. Years ago we created a controller/mode to add-to-cart/checkout from a remote location via a GET request. Ie. to add a product to a user's cart and either go to cart or go right to checkout. It was intended to use in blogs or remote advertising.

As far as I know it still works and is free. You can fetch it from https://ez-ms.com/private/unsupported_scripts/checkout.pre.php.txtand you can modify it to suit your needs.

If you are asking about adding a product via the API there is most certainly a create() method in the Products.php entity.

Thank you for your great help.
I am trying to implement this file:
http://ez-ms.com/private/unsupported_scripts/checkout.pre.php.txt
I created the php file under:
app/addons/controllers/customer/checkout.pre.php
also
design/bright_theme/templates/addons/controllers/customer/checkout.pre.php
I tried different URL patterns like below:
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_add.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR.3
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_checkout.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR@1&c_code=
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_checkout.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR.1&c_code=
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_add.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR.1&c_code=
None of above is working and I am stuck at some point which I am not understanding.
Kindly I ask your help, what can be the issue.
Thank You for your time and patience.

You should install it as app/addons/my_changes/controllers/frontend/checkout.pre.php

To use a pre/post controller module, you install it within a addon. controllers/filename will get you no where. It should be theme independent since there is no real front-end components. You sould invoke it (as documented in the script itself) as ?dipatch=checkout.remote_add.[product code]&[your list of options]

Thank you for your great help.
I am trying to implement this file:
I created the php file under:
app/addons/controllers/customer/checkout.pre.php
also
design/bright_theme/templates/addons/controllers/customer/checkout.pre.php
I tried different URL patterns like below:
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_add.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR.3
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_checkout.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR@1&c_code=
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_checkout.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR.1&c_code=
domain/index.php?dispatch=checkout.remote_add.gbr_FS-S1000R-2017-RHS-SEC-S1000RR-2009-SET-GBR.1&c_code=
None of above is working and I am stuck at some point which I am not understanding.
Kindly I ask your help, what can be the issue.
Thank You for your time and patience.

You should install it as app/addons/my_changes/controllers/frontend/checkout.pre.php

To use a pre/post controller module, you install it within a addon. controllers/filename will get you no where. It should be theme independent since there is no real front-end components. You sould invoke it (as documented in the script itself) as ?dipatch=checkout.remote_add.[product code]&[your list of options]

Thank you so much it works !!!

Thank you so much it works !!!

Of course it works! :-)

I need some help. I'm new to the whole API thing. We have a new inventory system that supports API and CS-Cart that supports API. I have the URLS for both and the key.

We have 5 website that I need to keep the product amount current as well as posturing new SO to our inventory software (Traverse) I can create a PHP scripted and add it to my cron list but I think there is a better way of doing this, I just can't find it.

Anyone have examples of what you are using?

Thanks for the help

You'll have to do two things:

1 - as you've done, create some form of inventory synchronization that runs at a frequency you want (assuming cs-cart is the slave and your inventory system is the master).

2 - Create a post controller to update your inventory system in real-time when an order is created debiting the products that were sold. Your inventory system must support increment/decrement versus full amount to be successful.

The "Storefront REST API" module is used to do it. But it does not have any documentation.

You'll have to do two things:

1 - as you've done, create some form of inventory synchronization that runs at a frequency you want (assuming cs-cart is the slave and your inventory system is the master).

2 - Create a post controller to update your inventory system in real-time when an order is created debiting the products that were sold. Your inventory system must support increment/decrement versus full amount to be successful.

I'm new to API calls are there postman examples of the calls or the post/pre controllers?

Thanks

I have no idea what the specification of your inventory management system is for their API.

It's a development project specific to your targeted system.