How Do People Process Orders, And Does Anyone Use A Crm?

When we get an order we first know about it by getting an email from cs-cart, plus an email from the payment processor containing card authorisation security details. We then fulfill the order and go to cs-cart and change the order status from processed to fulfilled. This sends an email to the customer. We add notes to the order about fulfillment details

I was wondering how other people handle orders, and if any of you have cs-cart integrated with a CRM such that you can see customer order history, send newsletters, receive emails inside of a CRM instead of through a mail client such as GMail.

Basically looking for ways to automate the fulfillment process, reduce errors, and bring customer details into a CRM.

Anyone have any experiences or thoughts to share?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

U mean CS-cart no customer Previous order history?

I'm hoping to find out how other people streamline their order processing, and also how (or if) people use a CRM system with cs-cart to keep a track of customer contacts through email / phone etc, and send out marketing campaigns.

In an ideal world cs-cart would also offer accounting and crm built in, like with Netsuite…

I process my orders the same way, manually.

TonyB with EZ-MS has a great addon that brings together Mail Chimp and CS-Cart to help with newsletters and stuff. I don't know what a CRM is, but maybe his addon will work for you.

You can get the addon at http://www.ez-ms.com/addonproducts/mailchimp-integration.html

I hope that helps,

Brandon

[quote name='trf199' timestamp='1309524771' post='116076']

When we get an order we first know about it by getting an email from cs-cart, plus an email from the payment processor containing card authorisation security details. We then fulfill the order and go to cs-cart and change the order status from processed to fulfilled. This sends an email to the customer. We add notes to the order about fulfillment details

I was wondering how other people handle orders, and if any of you have cs-cart integrated with a CRM such that you can see customer order history, send newsletters, receive emails inside of a CRM instead of through a mail client such as GMail.

Basically looking for ways to automate the fulfillment process, reduce errors, and bring customer details into a CRM.

Anyone have any experiences or thoughts to share?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

[/quote]

We have been using vTiger as a backend for our wholesale business. Now that we are in the process of setting up a front end to let distributors to order products online, our challenge is to integrate the front end CS-Cart with the backend vTiger.

–wei

I just started a thread on this exact subject. I would be very interested to hear how other sites are handling customer's email, order inquires, etc.

I think the “manual” approach is just fine up until a point, but we are receiving 50+ emails a day and need a better system for handling this quantity of inquiries.

Are these 50+ inquiries or orders?

I have a back-end solution called EZ Order Manager (http://www.ez-om.com) that is geared mostly toward US based businesses but I do have one larger client in the UK. It is integrated with cs-cart and all CRM (actually all post-sales activity) happens in the back-end including followup email, mailing lists, invoices, payment processing, etc. The weak point is shipping in that I only support UPS (Worldship or OnlineXML) and USPS (through Endicia). I do not support FedEx since their XML interface is the most convoluted process I've ever seen. Especially when you get into multiple packages per shipment.

I use the cart for sales and then all operations move the the back-end for fulfillment, shipping, payment and future customer followup (other than I do use my mailchip addon for marketing to existing customers from the cart).