How do I show Shopping Cart on checkout page?

I am trying to show cart contents (like a mini cart) during the checkout process. is this possible?

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1313500474' post='119622']

I am trying to show cart contents (like a mini cart) during the checkout process. is this possible?

[/quote]

I have customers first go to their cart when they click checkout. This way they can review. When I let customers skip the cart contents, I get about 15% more calls per day with people who are confused.

Anyway, the new version, 2.2.1 show the cart contents again at stage 4 of the checkout too.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1313501712' post='119623']

I have customers first go to their cart when they click checkout. This way they can review. When I let customers skip the cart contents, I get about 15% more calls per day with people who are confused.

Anyway, the new version, 2.2.1 show the cart contents again at stage 4 of the checkout too.

[/quote]

Ok I see it. I thought I had seen some other cs-cart sites showing a shopping cart on the right side of the page during checkout. must be a special add-on not available with the core product.

There is a minicart addon available from http://www.webgraphiq.com

Maybe that is what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1313545893' post='119665']

There is a minicart addon available from http://www.webgraphiq.com

Maybe that is what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Thanks I'll check it out.

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1313545255' post='119664']

Ok I see it. I thought I had seen some other cs-cart sites showing a shopping cart on the right side of the page during checkout. must be a special add-on not available with the core product.

[/quote]

This is in the core functionality on version 2.0.X and earlier. It was removed (reconfigured) for the 2.1.X and 2.2.X versions. You can do a DomainName.com on the sites you are referring too to see what version they are using.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1313581447' post='119692']

This is in the core functionality on version 2.0.X and earlier. It was removed (reconfigured) for the 2.1.X and 2.2.X versions. You can do a DomainName.com on the sites you are referring too to see what version they are using.

[/quote]

Ok… so i am running 2.2 and its not in there? I hope they bring it back.

I'm not running 2.2.x but I believe it's an option in the settings.?

There is a cart section in 2.2.1, but you have to enable it.

Go to settings => General

Near the bottom it has:

Checkout style

Change that to One-Page Checkout with Cart Contents

That will put the cart contents at the top and the contents are also editable without having to leave the checkout page.

You can also do things to make this more obvious like changing the “View” button to an image or whatever.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1313597792' post='119723']

There is a cart section in 2.2.1, but you have to enable it.

Go to settings => General

Near the bottom it has:

Checkout style

Change that to One-Page Checkout with Cart Contents

That will put the cart contents at the top and the contents are also editable without having to leave the checkout page.

You can also do things to make this more obvious like changing the “View” button to an image or whatever.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

[/quote]

Thanks Brandon. I actually found that but its not exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a cart that was visible the whole time showing on the right side of the screen. Some other CSC I saw had this but I guess its not existing in the current version.

That stopped back in 2.0.14 I think, so quite a long time ago now.

I'd imagine that you could change some code to keep the cart from hiding. That might do the trick.

Thanks,

Brandon

yea I would like to use this feature too…did anyone figure out how to do this in 2.1.4?